Girls, Would it be creepy to text a girl you like after you’ve gotten her number from someone else?

Ok so situation summed up- I worked with a girl that I really grew to have a crush on, and I believe it was mutual or at least were signals/signs coming from her I thought. We would see each other daily but we work in different departments/different lunch etc, so there was never really anytime for me to talk to her. We had a few interactions and knew each other’s name, but I wasn’t able to really have a deep conversation yet with her. This has gone on for sometime and I went on vacation and when came back I realized that she got a promotion to a different location (within same company but not same site now) so now she no longer works at same place as me. Now the past month I’ve tried to let it go but I just keep thinking about it/her. I feel I never had my chance. I looked her up on FB but she doesn’t have one, and then asked an acquaintance and got her cell number.. now would it be out of line to text her? I would just say “hey is this...” and then explain “I am... from bos5 and was wanting to talk to you more but noticed you had left” etc etc etc, Bascially showing interest in getting to know her and see how she responds. Would that be totally creepy since she never gave me her number personally? I don't know it’s not my first choice, i wish I was much more aggressive in person, but I don’t believe I will see her again and since she doesn’t have FB was only way I’m think I could at least reach out to her to see if there was mutual interest like I thought there was.

thanks!
6