Why would these girls get mad at me for calling a girl that hit on me at the gym creepy?

Anonymous
We literally just had a conversation about how guys that hit on them while they're trying to work out are creepy and annoying. So it turns out one of their friends goes to my gym and kept trying to introduce herself to me, and I said she was being creepy out of principle. But all of a sudden, they're saying she was just trying to get to know me lol. Does this premise suddenly change when the genders are reversed? I don't enjoy random girls disturbing my workouts either.
1 y
After calming down, I will say that I was being a little confrontational. I'll concede that I tried to hit them with their own medicine a little bit, but the premise is still the same for me. It should be common etiquette not to disturb someone's workout. If you call someone creepy because they don't respect your personal space at the gym, that should also apply to your friends if they do the same thing.
10
18