Girls, Is it possible for you to get real feelings for a guy you chatted w/ long distance before meeting him?

Anonymous
I chatted up a girl who matched me in another state. She’s much younger (21) and she likes to show of herself in pics with different dresses. They are semi provocative but she doesn’t send me nudes nor do I request them. But we talked about all sorts of stuff beyond sex (family, traveling, life, etc.)

I did mention I was going to be visiting her state in September and would like to meet but she clammed you a bit. She said it was “very sweet” but she was worried about Covid. I responded that I would I get tested. That was 2 weeks ago and it’s been silent since then. I haven’t texted her since (not vice versa).
.
Now chances are that might be her flat out rejection period. Game over. However we did talk for two months including over the phone (her idea).

I don’t want to waste my time with a “virtual” girl. That’s completely worthless to me. But if there is a chance that she might gain feelings the more we talk I might keep chatting. I don’t mind getting to know her for who she is. But there has to be a legitimate end game to meet in person. She is very attractive and her & I did have a lot in common personality wise.

Am I wasting my time? Tomorrow is her bday.
11 mo
I sent her a quick “happy bday text” today. If she doesn’t respond to it or gives me some one word “thanks” response I’m done.

I just hate wasting my time on girls like this. I knew it was a long shot but we did message everyday for 2 months. Talking over the phone was her idea so I figured that meant something.

Im just sick of women who just want virtual attention. I get it they have to feel safe. But at some point there should be enough trust built up to meet somewhere low risk.
5