Female and males!! Is it wrong to answer a message from a guy while in a relationship?

Anonymous
Interested in female and male answers.(trying to get a perspective from both sides)

Is it okay to respond to a guys message while in a relationship? I ignore a lot of people often for my partner... and sometimes I want to respond back but I’m not sure if that’d be wrong? Obviously if the guy is flirting with me - I wouldn't bother. I have no intentions on trying to create another relationship with anyone else or whatever. Just make friends.

but for example, a guy I knew in school said he liked my hat and then asked how i’ve been doing. He may or may not be trying to shoot his shot I don't know. But so far he’s just asking how I've been.

FEMALES - would you reply?

MALES: if this guy was you, would you prefer to be ignored lol or would you prefer I reply and then when the question pops up tell you I’m in a relationship? How would you like the female to respond
6
1