Why does my crush sometimes stare at me when she's with her friends but rarely looks at me when she's by herself?

Anonymous
Okay so there was this girl that I have had NO interactions with in my school. She is really hot and when I first saw her, I was walking down stairs, and she was walking upstairs right past me. She started staring at me, which felt like 10 seconds, and even when I stared back she wouldn't look away from me. Nobody was behind me and my face was clean. The next few days I caught her in the crowd of the people in my school, and I saw her glance at me and she got her friend to see what she was looking at. (Me). Also, whenever she was by herself, she would rarely stare at me, and looked uninterested. But when she was with her friends, she Would stare at me sometimes. And then a few weeks past, and I walk by myself past her and her friends, and they are all laughing including her. So obviously, she may have an interest in me, but I'm confused why she acts differently when she's with friends vs by herself when I pass by her. (Remember, me and her DONT know each other) What do u think?
1
3