Facebook friends request: when and/or why do girls ignore them from guys (who they know in real life) ?

so_incognito
For me, Facebook is not a very private or intimate thing. I'll accept any request from a person I actually know in some way even if we're not really friends.

So when someone I know never accepts one from me it makes me think, "what the hell... Do they hate me that much?"

The handful of times it's happened to me it was always a girl who I knew as an ex coworker, or from meeting occasionally via mutual aquaintances, etc.

My reasoning is that they think any guy they aren't actual friends with just wants to hit on them or something.

It only bothers me if it's someone I see in person from time to time still and when I talk to them in person it's all smiles... Nothing I hate more than fakeness. If you don't like me it's no skin of my nose, but don't pretend you do.
1
2