Girl I barely know sent me a message. Should I assume she’s interested?

Tdawg223
Short background. I don’t know this girl very well. She used to be in my church group and we chatted a few times and had good conversations, but we are by no means best friends. She moved out East a year ago and I haven’t seen or talked to her since. My birthday was a few days ago and she messages me “Hey (my name)! I saw it was your birthday -happy birthday! It’s been a while since we’ve seen each other. How are you?” I started messaging her and we are now talking. To me this is random. Does this seem more like a friendly gesture, or could she have been interested in me at one time and was thinking about me?

Another random tidbit. Last November she sent my mom a friend request on Facebook, even though she doesn’t know her. I found that kind of weird too. I don’t know what her intent is for any of this, but insights are always great!
26 d
Update: So she wants to talk to me either on the phone or through video chat. I take that as a good thing. We’ll see where it goes from there.
16 d
Another update: We had a video chat. It went pretty well. I am thinking I’ll just continue trying to get to know her. Many of you are right that her intentions were probably just friendly, although she did say I should come visit her back East once Covid slows down and she’d show me around. She is a very good conversationalist and was very energetic. I told her we should talk again sometime in the coming weeks, and she agreed and said we’ll pencil something in, so we’ll see how it goes!
8
9