Why do girls sometimes go for a lower quality guy when there's someone better?

SomeGuyWithaQuestion
So two months ago I was living with this girl. I developed a crush on her but she turned me down because she had a boyfriend. The thing is, this guy is a loser. He is 28 years old, he doesn't have a good job, he isn't attractive, he isn't charismatic, he is still studying because in his words (he does it for fun), he deals drugs, he steals and sells his stolen stuff, he is abusive, he is manipulative and he is childish yet the girl I was living with still likes him a lot.

Compared to him I'm a fucking stud. I'm attractive (face and body/with references), I'm charismatic, I have a great sense of humor, I'm well educated, I have a good job since recently, I do have a past (rough childhood and a bad past few years, with depression) but I do everything in my power to improve like finding a new job, getting my drivers license, working out etc...

And the thing is, I was interested in this girl because I liked her not because I was desperate. I have proven this by finding a new quality girl (attractive and really sweet) within two/three weeks after getting rejected.

At the moment we don't live together anymore but I'm still friends with this girl and I talk to her a couple of times a week. I asked her what she sees in him, I never get a straight answer but I know she has told me that she doesn't really know why and I think one time one of her female friends told me it's because of the bad boy vibe. The only think I can think of is that he is older than me and the girl and that he is slightly taller then me (like 5 cm) even though the girl is smaller than the both of us.

I know that attraction isn't logical but it's just really weird to me. The closest I got with this girl was being a close friend (like family she told me). I'm not salty by the way, I found someone else like I said but I'm just genuinly interested in how this works.

So, why do girls sometimes go for a lower quality guy when there's someone better?
0
1