Do you think this is rude?

Anonymous
So I chose a college about 4 hours away. I decided to room with my roommate from freshman year because we’ve grown very close. Or at least i thought we had.

It was pretty much her idea to get an apartment but it was my idea too.

So corona shut the whole school down and everything got moved on line so now I’m stuck in this lease far from home. She lives about an hour away and goes home every weekend whenever it’s convenient for her. She offers for me to come with sometimes. But I don’t because of COVID.

I’m left here every weekend by myself which is fine but we hang out all the time and I consider her a close friend. I don’t have a lot of friends because I think girls can be really catty and I haven’t had the best experiences with them.

She went home for her birthday which was Thursday and left Wednesday and is staying until Tuesday but didn’t tell me when she is coming back.

I don’t have a car and she does , which isn’t her responsibility, but I think it’s about being considerate. She posted a Snapchat at dinner with her boyfriend, her parents, and her best friend and her boyfriend. She never even told me anything about her having a birthday dinner or anything. She’ll call me her best friend but her dad came over and asked why she had no pics of both me and her on her wall and only her other best friend who was at her dinner.

I’m tired of her leaving every single week and only considering me her close friend when convenient. What should I do?
Do you think this is rude?
1
1