Asked a girl out that I've been dating, no response. What gives?

Anonymous
So a bit of background I've been on a handful of dates with this woman over the course of about a month or so. We were pretty consistently hanging out twice a week including dinner date, star gazing, going for a hike, coffee etc. We are in our early & late 20's respectively.

Things were going well. We were making out, sending silly texts in between dates. Never got super serious but generally heading in the right direction.

Last week our plans fell through. I suggested a date & didn't hear back. Checked in with her day of the proposed date & she said she was swamped & thought she responded (but hadn't). No biggy. We ended up briefly meeting on our lunch break & then I gave her some space for a few days since she was so busy. No hard feelings, things still seemed good.

This week I tried to set up a date again. It's been 3 days with no response. I'm pretty much assuming it's dead but I'm still a bit surprised/confused... I mean what happened?

I have no plans to reach out again after 2 date attempts in a row falling on deaf ears unless someone has better advice. Kind of a bummer, definitely confusing.
Asked a girl out that I've been dating, no response. What gives?
Add Opinion