Girls, Why would she jump at the chance to come out with me when she has a boyfriend at university?

Anonymous
Kinda complex but I’ll do my best to explain. A year ago Me and a girl spoke often. W planned on meeting but was her as she moved away for university. I studied back at home at university in her home town.

Covid happen she didn’t return home, so in the end we stopped talking, she also told me she wasn’t looking for anything. Which kinda seemed like she changed her mind and was seeing someone else at university.

We hadn’t spoke for months , but she kept liking all my photos and viewing my story’s all the time. We recently started talking again. This time she seemed more flirty putting “x” , we spoke for a while and I told her I still liked her and wanted to see her. She kinda jumped at it and said “fabulous , it’s a deal” , then I told her to inform me when she returns home so we can arrange it. She said “hehe will do x”

“I’m back in my home town soonish” , then. I said that would be nice. Then she said “fabulous it’s a deal “ I said let me know when your coming home she put “hehe, will do”

But I notice she has posted about being out with her boyfriend. So maybe over the period of 6 months of us not talking she got a boyfriend where as i should have tried gain before it was too late. And now that I have started talking it’s too late but I guess she doesn’t want to miss the opportunity so agreed?
I know The generalised rule is don’t date taken people. But she is coming to the end of her studies , she will be returning home and the guy she’s seeing will be too hard to see anyway. So why did she jump at the chance of dating me and said “fabulous it’s a deal” and putting flirty laughs like hehe and things?
1