Is it weird if I ask a female colleague to be my apartment roommate?

Anonymous
I’m looking into renting my first apartment. It’s quite pricey for a monthly rate which, alone, I probably couldn’t last in for so long but I really want it. I would’ve preferred to live alone for now, but lately I’ve contemplated benefits of surviving with a roommate for the time being.

I would only live with a man if he was similar to me, but I could live with any woman even if she was different to me (unless she’s that crazy). I’m an introvert with no close friends, and the closest friend I do have is a girl at work. Due to Covid, we haven’t had many convenient opportunities to see each other outside of work however (so it’s uncertain how close we can say we are). But she has a history of moving from place to place in the last 3 years, and I figured it wouldn’t be so crazy to offer her my 2-bedroom apartment to split the rent.

Any girls here who would feel it’s ok if a male colleague you’re “friends” with offered you a chance to live with them, even if your half of the rent would be cheaper than the accommodation money you’re currently spending? Or would girls typically live with a man only if he was a partner?
19 d
And no, there’s no boyfriend in the picture
4
1