Dating someone, not official, but we are exclusive. This other girl I dated before is trying to come back, how should I handle this?

wtf636
Been dating current girl about 5-6 months. We are not "official" but have met each others friends, have talked to family about each other, and not dating or sleeping with others. She wants to take things slow, and I have agreed to do so, but I also have a hard cut off date in my mind of the end of this year, if she doesn't decide, I will leave.

I have also not been feeling as connected to her lately, we have had some arguments, and that along with other things have effected our sex life lately, but I won't go into those details, but basically we have to wait a bit for sex. She is very emotional, a bit entitled, and has a bit of a drinking problem, which I don't really like being around drunk people when I am not. I do really like her despite, and we get along well, but she is also moving away soon next year for internship, getting her PHD in psychology. And not sure I want to follow her, or try long distance. Especially when things have been rocky and she can't commit.

Then enter this girl I dated before I met the current girl. She has been texting me trying to get back together, telling me she misses me, she was dumb, I am the best guy she has dated, etc... I think she is just lonely. I have told her I am dating the current girl, and I don't mind being friends, but nothing more than that, as I am not that kind of guy.

Normally I would not even suggest friends, but my current girl has friends that she has slept with, so I see no issue, especially since I never slept with this girl. I do find the other girl very attractive, but she would flip out over small stuff, and after she asked me to leave one day after I made a comment, that was not a big deal at all. I decided if she didn't apologize I was gone, which happened. Since then she knows I am dating this girl, but keeps trying. I would have no problems not hooking up with her though. I have never cheated.
Updates:
15 d
Basically I dont know how to handle this. I like my current girl, but she also has a lot of red flags. So does this other girl, not sure if I should tell my girl what is up, or just ask this other girl to leave me alone. This current girl seems to want me to tell her shit like this. I wouldn't mind being just friends with her, but not sure how that would go with the current girl, also have a feeling she would keep trying.
Dating someone, not official, but we are exclusive. This other girl I dated before is trying to come back, how should I handle this?
Add Opinion