Why when I ask this girl a questions, she responds with every irrelevant detail?

Anonymous
When I ask this girl [early 20’s] a question when in conversation with her, she tends to respond with every little, often irrelevant, detail in relation to the subject. At times she’ll respond to the question before going into every little detail, other times the reverse happens.

For example, she told me she was getting a dog. I asked her what type of dog she was getting. She proceeded to tell me where she was getting the dog from, who she’s getting it from, the backgrounds of those people, what her friends think of her for getting the dog, a brief story about her parents dog, etc, etc, etc... before getting to the point of the question 5 minutes later.

Interestingly enough, when I first met her she stayed on point. The whole giving of every little detail is really only a recent thing and it’s actually pretty cute when she does it. I just want to know what could be causing her to do it.
1
3