I missed a good opportunity to ask someome out. How do I stop being anxious?

Rocknroll93
I was grocery shopping yesterday and unexpectedly, I bumped into a girl. By some fluke, she told me it was hard to find anything in the store, in which I replied "I know. I used to work here". It was a brief conversation, but at least I introduced myself. She was cute. And then I left it at that, because I think she had to go. I felt bad that I didn't ask for her number or anything because I didn't want her to think I was "looking for a girlfriend", didn't want her to think I was needy. That was a good opportunity right there and I missed it. The thing that really stops me is cowardice and anxiety. I've heard a lot of people meet their gfs through friends and such or they were friends first and then feelings developed. I dont get it. Why is it so random? I've been by myself since 2010, but I've gotten better at speaking up and asserting myself, also focusing on myself with work and hobbies and trying to be more responsible. So I'm no longer the quiet guy who sits in the corner at parties or stays off to the side.
2
3