Girls, Was I right for getting the courts involved?

Arosem09
So me and my babymother broke up and she does everything in her power to make sure I have no part in my 5 month daughters life, she even post pictures of my daughter with her new boyfriend she even went as far as saying that she will make sure my daughter does not remember me and that she will make sure her new dude is out in my place has her father, so I went and put myself on child support so I can at least get visitation with my daughter idc if its a virtual visitation I just want my daughter to know who her father is and I want to be apart of her life, but my bm text me today saying that she got a call saying she has to appear in court for child support, she told me I didn't have to take it that far that she only needed a little space that she was not going to really take my daughter away from me, so took my daughter 4 months ago, I haven't seen her since, I can't get a picture, videochat , or call, I don't care about them taking my checks for child support I just wanna be in my daughters life
Girls, Was I right for getting the courts involved?
Add Opinion