How do I get over this guy?

Anonymous
He broke up with me a few months ago. We weren’t even a couple, nor were we dating very long. We had a very intense dating phase. I think about him occasionally. I think about what we could have been and what we should have been. With 2021, I thought that (by then) I would have stopped thinking about him, but NO! It’s nearly 2 hours into the new year and I am STILL thinking about him. I follow him on social media and shit like that. I don’t have the nerve to unfriend him or block him because he didn’t do anything wrong, really. He just didn’t feel like it was the right timing to date me. But UGH!!! Dude!!! Ugh!! I can’t get you out of my f*cking head!

When I go on dates with other guys I am subconsciously thinking about this guy. Fuck. I’ve tried everything. I’ve adopted new hobbies, talked to my parents, friends, therapist, strangers. I’ve been busy at my job, with school. I’ve TRIED not to think about him because it is exhausting. I just really am hurt that it didn’t work out. I constantly wonder if he feels regret, or if he doesn’t feel a thing at all.

How do I forget about this guy and move on with my life? I’m desperate for a new solution because I don’t want him taking up anymore space in my brain.
How do I get over this guy?
Add Opinion