Do you feel you can genuinely look at things from the perspective of the opposite sex?

rjroy3
Straightforward question. Reading a question written by a female it made me consider the idea. Just how common it is for people to not regard the standpoint of the opposite sex.

I'm biased so it's my personal opinion that most women unless they have a positive relationship with a brother, a father, or male friends that they oftentimes are incapable of putting themselves in a man's shoes.

Things like "believe all women" when it comes to rape allegations is a prime example. So many women will just say things like, "a woman wouldn't lie about that". But if you ask, "what if it was your father" they'll say things like "well my father would never be accused".

I've actually had that back and forth on this site. The girl had never even considered the idea of what a man would have to deal with and when I made it close to home she had to deflect it saying that would be impossible or would never happen because she'd have to face the unreasonable nature of "believe all women". That any man would be able to fall victim to a lie and be punished for it with her full support.
Yes
No
Honestly, I don't care to
Vote C
GirlGuy
4
0