Girls, are you aware that guys feel bad being in the friendzone?

Anonymous
I understand that It's annoying when someone you don't romantically like starts trying to ask you out, but recently I've seen hints that girls genuinely just don't give a shit how guys in the friendzone feel, making jokes about how annoying it is when they try to come out of it. I wonder, maybe you guys don't think we care that we are in the friendzone?(because we do, and most of us are severely unhappy because of it.) it's near impossible to leave, either trying to leave the friendship in general (out of risk that girls might call you selfish) or trying to shoot your shot (out of risk that the girl will embarrass you and shut you down hard) it's a real hard blow to self confidence, to be honest. (to clarify, the question is: Do you know how guys feel in the friendzone, or do you think that those trying to come out of it are simply persistent and annoying people?)
3