She's leading him on?

So I have this friend, Alex, whose ex broke up with her about 7 months ago and she's not over him at all. She still sleeps with him off and on and I know she's waiting for him to take her back but in between all of that she keeps having these little flings with other guys. Now that's never bothered me before because it's her life but recently she's started talking to this guy Ryan who is a total sweetheart. Honestly this guy is probably the most genuinely nicest person I think I've ever met so my other friends and I instantly liked him. He's way into Alex and has taken her out on dates. The problem is she has zero interest in him whatsoever outside of thinking he's hot. She claims he's awkward and said herself that he's not the guy who'll make her get over her ex even though she's the one who initially pursued him. Myself and my other friend are both frustrated by her because we both like Ryan and don't think he deserves to be led on by someone who doesn't care to give him a chance but Alex likes that attention so she keeps him around and she IS our friend so we don't want to be disloyal and essentially throw her under the bus. She never listens when we tell her she's treating Ryan like her ex treats her.

I know it's not my place to get involved and tell him he's basically wasting his time but it's hard to see such a nice guy be used by Alex who just turns around and talks bad about him like he annoys her. I'm just afraid she's going to end up hurting him and I don't want him to become bitter and become an ass like people who get hurt. Please help.
She's leading him on?
1
1