Are you extroverted or introverted, loud or quiet, shy or outgoing, etc. ?

Which are you?

How do you think you became to be that way/what do you think influenced your background to lead to your personality?

How do you get along with people who have similar personality types? How do you get along with people who have opposite personality types?

Do you like the same personality types in romantic/sexual partners or the opposite personality type? Why?

135

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm introverted and shy. I think I'm that way for two reasons:

1. I was raised by a single mom and it was my job to take care of my little sister. I had to grow up very quickly and that caused me to be more serious than my peers. Since I couldn't "play" on their level I became reclusive. I also had a lot to do and not much time to socialize.

2. I was teased from the 4th grade all the way through high school and I had very few if any friends. I'm nerdy and ugly so I was often teased by the popular kids and people usually didn't want to associate with me because they would get teased as well. Through time I became more introverted to avoid calling attention to myself. The less noticeable I was the less I was teased.

I actually get along better with people of opposite personalities. All of my friends and my boyfriend are very extroverted and outgoing people. They're all the things I want to be, and when I hang out with them I get reap a little bit of the rewards (fun times, excitement, adventure, new friends) that their extroversion brings. Usually when I hang out with other shy people it gets awkward because neither of us talk and we just sit in silence.