10 Things GAG Can Improve

Here's my opinion on how this forum should improve and which features it should add.

10 Things GAG Can Improve

1) Editing and deleting

The top comment is the original one and the bottom one is the edited version.

It should be an editing and deleting option for opinions, MyTakes and replies. Sometimes users can have typos they wants to correct, they clicked the "send it" button with an accident or replied to the wrong person. In such cases it would be practical with features like that. When you're editing a comment the edited version should show, but it should be a feature where if you're clicking into a little icon either over or below the comment, you should be able to see the editing history where you can see the original comment and all the other edited versions if the user have edited it multiple of times.

When an user deletes a comment regular users shouldn't be able to see it, but moderators can see it so the person don't get away if it's a troll comment.

2) Don't exit after submitting an opinion

After submitting an opinion pressing the "Send it!" button the site exits automatically.

After an user has deleted his/her opinion the forum is exiting the question page and is going to the live feed. I thinks it's annoying when it happens and if I wants to stay longer at the side if I for example wants to reply to an opinion. Therefor I thinks it would be better if the forum don't exit the page and that the users can rather go to a new page by themselves.

3) Getting rid of trolls or getting a own troll section

A own section for trolling and jokers.

I thinks the site should be better at removing non-serious and troll comments. Some people wants a serious discussion or a serious answer. It gets a bit annoying if many users are non-serious, trolls or writes too short answers that's not answering the question at all. The site should try to get more trolls removed. They could also add a troll section where trolls can have it fun and if they're posting troll comments outside of the section they would be banned.

4) Volunteers fix people's grammar

Some comments is very difficult to read and not everybody have English as their first language, so for them it can be extra hard to understand. So I thinks some people should be allowed to be "Grammar editors" who are volunteers who's allowed to edit comments. But not everybody should be allowed to be editors like how not everybody is moderators. I thinks if this forum is adding this feature people should be able to see the original comment too so they can compare the original and edited one. Most people writes understandable English, but not everyone does. Some writes "Hi, m8. U don't like pie. Me n8ther" ,and it's comments like that the editors should be allowed to edit.

5) Select all button

An invite all button.

When you're inviting friends on this site you've to invite them manually. It would be easier if you could have a "Select all" button where you could invite everyone much quicker instead of inviting one person at a time.

6) Dates

I thinks the site also should add a date feature where users can see which date an opinion, MyTake, question etc. were posted, so people don't need to wondering when it was posted and to know if the post is outdated or not.

7) Block anonymously users

Now you can only block people who isn't anonymously. But sometimes some anonymous people spams people's questions and it's not always possible to report them because of their comments is just annoying, but not severe enough. In such cases being able to block them would be practical.

8 ) Add new history category

I thinks this site should add a history category so history interested people can discuss history. Some of my questions I've asked would fit that category much better than the other ones and I thinks others would also like to have one. I've asked questions about both hygiene, clothing and art from the past.

9) The amount of characteristics

The opinion field should be expanded so people who wants to wright longer opinions can do that. Sometimes people wrights rest of their comment as replies instead of as a whole opinion because of limited of space. On GAG the limit is 2500 characteristics, but I thinks it should be 4500 instead or more.

10) GAG don't need to choose MHO

Sometimes it's not suitable to choose MHO. Either because none of the answers answered the question and sometimes all the answers are equal helpful. Example in questions where the asker asks which color are your favorite one there is no questions that's more helpful than the other ones. So I thinks the askers should be allowed to choose one by themselves without GAG forcing to do so. They should at least have an option where the user can choose if GAG should be allowed to choose MHO or not at least. Sometimes I'm too busy and lazy to choose MHO without being against GAG choosing it for me, but other times I don't want them to choose it for me.

#ImproveGAG #GAGcommunity

811

Most Helpful Girl

• Great options! I have more ideas ^-^

1) Block someone from inviting to questions. Some boys here ask so many sexual questions and invite me in all of them, it pisses me off. But because they didn't do anything to BLOCK them, I only wish I could block then from sending me invites. I would still find the questions on live feed and might as well answer if I want.
    2) Stop categorizing questions to Sexual Behavior ffs. One sexual word and you're screwed, the question belongs to that category. -.- It's so embarrassing!
    3) Delete comments. Only moderators can remove them once I report them but sometimes I want them out of sight from the post entirely.
    4) Close comments. If I feel like I'm done with my conversation with a person and don't want more replies because we're over, I can close that conversation and no one can reply to it.
    5) Mute comments/users. Sometimes I don't want to carry on a convo but don't mind others continuing it so I can mute it and keep it like that.
    6) LET US DELETE OUR QUESTIONS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. I can't explain how many embarrassing questions I've left here that I just want to delete them. I don't even want to disavow or anon JUST DELETE.

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally feel that we shouldn't have a down vote button. That was the most pointless addition if you ask me

• I'm disagree. With a up vote and a down vote button you can see how many is agreeing and disagreeing with you.

• I'm agreeing in that people shouldn't lose XPer points for down votes, but I'm for keeping the down votes so people can see the number of how many is disagreeing with them.

• 5d

I'm the Queen of downvotes here. I can confirm that sometimes I purposely write in a way that I get dislikes lol BURN HATERS BURNNNN xD

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

• Editing & deleting is good. We NEED dates on the answers, too, yeah. I believe it used to have that, I don't know why it was removed. Right now it tells you up to like, '1 month ago' or something, and then it just disappears. Crazy.

Personally I really, really want the option to not let people invite me to their questions or not get notifications from invites. When I come back after a while I have 50 invites to questions that are all closed, every single time. Its really annoying.

• I agree with what you have Well Written but being Many do Not Vote for MHO Though... I think Gag should Continue to Choose Best from the Rest.
    This little Bit has given me More points, even now that I am a Master Here, dear.
    Beautifully Done, hun!! xx

• But in some questions it's either no answer is more helpful than the other one, no answers answered the question and similar.

• Amen to that. Besides my belief that the system should still choose MHO, I completely agree with you. The inability to edit or invite all, and need for more categories, makes me think that this website is outdated.

• I like these ideas!

• Wish we could comment as a voice message also.

• I totally agree.

• 7 is op!!

What Guys Said 10

• Agree with all of the things you had said, now let's wait and see if they'll bother to actually implement at least one of those features, in particularly to editing opinions.

• Some good talking points there - I like the idea of History topic some very knowledgeable on GaG, often I am amazed by the depth of their historical knowledge.

• You can't exactly expect us moderators to be diligent about getting rid of trolls when we work for free. Just saying.

I would like to see an editing function for posts though.

• I agree with all of this

• I agree with #2, #5, #6 and #9

• I've always thought there should be a Preview opinion for posting opinions/replies.

• I also wish I wasn't notified of someone responding to someone else just because my comment started the conversation. If they're not replying to something I said, I don't care. lol

• + 1

(except for # 4 & 7)

blocking is just unnecessary in my opinion, it should really just stop PMs and that's it

@YourFutureEx This guy is trying to steal you turf, are you gonna let him?

• Anyone can use my ideas unless it decreases my profit or status ;)

• @_DooM_64_Guy, it's not directly stealing. I thinks it's fine more than one person is discussing the same topic because people have different opinions about it.

• Not bad I could see these modifications being made towards GAG

• I think the report feature is bullshit. Tough shit if the opinion is offensive. You're asking for opinions not opinions you're going to like.

• They definitely need more categories, but that's a lot of unnecessary work for the admins. Just put your weird question in the "other" section.