Let's say GaG made this supposed change announced in the "news" section in the upper right of the main page, that:
1) users are unable to "block" other users (aka the "block" button (s) is gone)
2) users are only able to go anonymous to ask/answer questions twice per seven days (to prevent overuse of the "anonymous" feature)
3) users are unable to make profiles private (aka the "make profile private" check-box is gone)
In essence, everyone is able to communicate freely without restrictions,
and the anonymous feature cannot be overly used to "bypass" the above goal of the website.
1) Would your activity level on this site be affected?
2) Which one of the three points above would cause the most change to your activity level (if any change will occur for you)?
Please vote on the poll and describe your views about why you voted the way you did.
Thanks for answering my (hypothetical) question! :-D
- i would keep using GaG the same amount (aka it wouldn't make a difference for me)Vote A
- i would keep using GaG although i would be less activeVote B
- i would use GaG less and would probably end up deactivating within a YEARVote C
- i would use GaG less and would probably end up deactivating within a MONTHVote D
- When I got word of this announcement, I would deactivate my profile within a weekVote E
Most Helpful Girl
I don't thunk I could be an active user anymore then.
First, there are, have been, and always will be certain users who I find extremely offensive and/or irrational, and I simply don't want to waste my time and energy dealing with those kinds of people.
And second, every once in a while there are users who simply start to harrass me when either my responses to their (usually inappropriate) advances aren't what they were hoping for, or they heavily disagree with me on some topic and aren't capable to keep the discussion mature, rational, and free from persoanl insults. Now I don't want to know how these confrontations would end, if there was no blocking option.1
- Show AllShow Less