Meaning behind your username?

What's the meaning behind your username?

Mine is the abbreviation of my favorite college teams chant and then my birth year.

So I got to say thank you all for answering my question!! You've all helped me reach a personal goal on here I've wanted to reach over 100 responses on a question!!! And it was equally done 50/50!!!

6670

Most Helpful Guy

• kind of a long story but in middle school during the X-Files craze there was this group of my friends that had a club called the S-Files (so nerdy). they'd watch the show at the same time and chat about it on AOL (I'm showing my age a lot I know). a few friends and were kind of jealous that we weren't invited into the club (although I hated the show) and so I a group called the Madhatters. It was just a random name that I thought of at the time, obviously sort of a reference to Alice in Wonderland but mostly based on a record store in my hometown called The Madplatter that I used to go to all the time. The nickname Madhatters just kind of stuck with me and has been my login/user name for most things since

• Hmm I like the story and I remember aol haha and your still young I'm not far behind you I'm going to be 27 in a few weeks

What Guys Said 69

• I feel like I don't connect with anyone so I am 'distant' from humanity. Plus, when people mention how their significant other is acting "distant", I can laugh and say that they're acting like me.

• Have you not found someone you can connect with ever or just in general?

• Rock Chalk Jayhawk?

Mine is my nickname with my circle of friends from my freshman year of college. There were two Steves on the floor we lived on in our dorm. One was me, the other was this Korean dude. So to differentiate in conversation we became White Steve and Asian Steve. Due to my glow in the dark complexion, it just stuck, haha.

• I like the story.. And yes rock chalk Jayhawk!!! All day everyday baby!!! Yay number 3 people who've gotten it!!! But I'm a big sports girl I love football, basketball and baseball!!

• I actually want to answer this because im surprised how many people don't watch Parks and Recreation hahaa:D my username is a persona created by a character Andy Dwyer who is acted through Chris Pratt.

Bert Macklin is Andy is Chris. Andy made up Bert Macklin who is in the FBI. so yes you can stop messaging me and asking me if I am really in the FBI. HAHAHAA! :D

• It has no special meaning, really. I wanted something catchy, easy to remember but DID not involve my real name. I got inspired by this song that I heard about 4 years ago:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb84sW7sMdw
    And boom. "front2back" was born.

Alternatively, users have suggested my name describes the way women wipe themselves. I also thought that it could describe how I have sex with a woman, screwing her from the FRONT 2 da BACK.

• Still unique I like it though I always kind of thought it had a sexual reference...

• its an old character name I used on MIRC chat, and an old table top dungeons and dragons game. Though I misspelled Halifax, for halafax, but I never bothered to change it when I figured it out. I was 14 ok, it didn't seem important.

• Hehe makes fun of you... Just kidding I'm not that mean lol I like it makes it unique that way

• *tips hat* you are too kind.

• Thank you and I try! I treat people how I want to be treated!

• Mine is because I get referred to as that often (by those who know me on personal level). I have other names too but those are too common and don't have my name in it lol

• Here's me trying to be "deep" and "philosophical" when I was
    smaller, and the name stuck.

The actual word Aizou, translates into
    love-hate or "love and hate" in English. ^~^

• You don't want to know it!
    1) Hans already existed so...
    2) ... I added a 1... than another 1 and a third 1... damn still not unique!
    3) So I tried it with a 2, than with 22 and finally EUREKA Hans222 was unique.

It's... "original" isn't it? Sorry for my total lack of creativity here :-)

• I'm from Russia and "sovetskii" is how you say "soviet" in Russian.
    I also play ice hockey with "13" as my jersey number.
    Put the two together and you get: sovetskii13

• Godfather 1 and 2 are the greatest movies ever made. I have seen both other 400 times in my lifetime... yes.. that is acurate...

• The meaning behind mine is that I am a fan of Apple's products.

• Good thing I use iPad

• Apple might make the software which is good to, the actual phone you're holding in your hand is when you buy a iPhone is really a Samsung phone with an Apple logo on it from my understanding.

• Hmmm who knows

• Rock Chalk Jayhawks! As for mine, it's just something I decided on on the spur of the moment when I was signing up. I liked the idea for something with "curious" because I'm really a curious person. LOL But Tad's not my real name.

• ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK EVERYDAY!!! I just but like my 11th shirt yesterday!! I have a shirt that says don't be fooled by my makeup and perfume I can go from delightful to die hard fan in 2 seconds flat!! And I like your name

• you've got a deal. Go Jayhawks. The Royals double-A farm team is just down the road from where I live.

• Really interesting and deal (shakes hands) I've told you I like baseball haha...

• I have no freaking clue, LOL! It just sounded cool and I went with it :)

• simple: i was too lazy to think of something special, so i just made a cynical name, that shows, that i wasn´t going to think about a name.

• I find the irony in you not allowing users to post anonymously because the whole point of my name is that I am always posting anonymously.

• Only question I've ever not allowed anon.. Kinda pointless to answer a question of nature I asked if people can't see the name

• Not necessarily 'pointless'. I believe it would be less useful to allow one to tell you the meaning behind their username without you knowing what their username actually is though. You still get your question answered, just without any links to knowing their username. Not 'pointless' by definition.

• Was listening to crying while trying to come up with a new user name and decided to go with the Spanish word for crying which is llorando =D.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmisOxCHEiw

• It's my full name, Mark Wiering, but then without capitals letters and no space between my first name and my surname.

• My 7th Grade Chemistry Teacher would give us nicknames in class like my one friends initials were AG, so his name was silver, because of the atomic symbol for it, but some people like myself were named for something that sounded like my name. My two sisters had him before and were just chicken, but because my first name is also uncommon at least to most non-Hispanics, I was dubbed Noisy Chicken.

• Hmm interesting story I was wondering the meaning of yours..

• I use to play D&D and other types of games and Kairon was my favorite character so I use that name anytime I create a new account. 156 is just a number I like to see so I tack it on the end of names and stuff every now and than.

• EMarty is my name and when you when you approach strant

• No real meaning behind mine. I like pandas and sometimes im clever mix that together and you get my username.

• I bashed random buttons on a keyboard until sawno popped out.
    Its the perfect name for this site because it is very hard to google and it looked cool to me.

• I have better usernames in other sites, but I just happened to be tired which is actually the reason I came to this site. Seemed like a decent username back then. No special story really :D

• 2006, my friends in middle school were playing RuneScape. They quit shortly before I started playing and my friend whose last name is Gaeta gave me his account that he gave his last name backwards. I've used this name ever since only because I used that character for years and that game helped me with depression and was always there for me. RIP, RuneScape...

• Awww well I'm glad it helped you!!

• Lol even after I got back to normal I kept playing until they destroyed the game. Now I think I'm going to buy membership to play Old School..

• You should if it makes you happy

• it's a combination of the words "normal" and "malice".

• Alter ego. My name isn't actually John Whilkins, Im not even American or English for the matter and neither is my name

• No particular meaning. Its my Chinese name - "Nok" (諾) <- Meaning "promise" in English.
    But it was too short for a username so I made up the rest.

• Name of the main character in my favourite TV show. It's misspelled cause the first time I tried using it, it was already taken.

• Well my username is one of the more common thing I use the most. I mainly use the mosh part. Most of the time, I try to use super mosh. The word mosh just came from my friends in high school and it stuck.

• Can I be honest?

I have no clue.

• More from Guys
    39

What Girls Said 66

• No real meaning. I was listening to a song when I created this account and it was lyrics in the song. But it's also a road name in the town I live in..."Honey Bee Lane" I've always liked that name so that combo just made me choose it. Lol

• My whole life has been filled with misery, bullied for over ten years, best friend using me, losing family members and friends I really care about, losing the guy I loved, and just always being alone. It has made me a cold person. I still show warmth but I don't let anyone pass a certain level. I don't let anyone close to me. You think you are very close to me, when in reality, you are very far from my heart thus making me the cold queen. Cold is usually seen as blue so I am the blue queen. Always cold, always abandoned.

• Mine is pretty straight forward. I am just being honest.

• Well, someone took the username I would originally have, so I just chose the first female character off of Spongebob I could think of.

• I joined this site after a break up and looking for help. I didn't want any of my friends knowing so I was hidden. P is the first letter of my nickname.
    I'm not a secret trannie like most people think.

• Who cares people what people think if they don't like it they don't need to be in your life..

• Well, "SmileBeautiful" seems kind of self-explanatory but it's just a reminder for others, as well as myself that life is beautiful, so are we and there's so much to smile about.

• Funny enough, I don't think I have a meaning. When I joined the site, I thought you could change your username at any given time so while signing up, I just entered the first word that popped in my head and that was the word "pallid." Soon enough I realized I couldn't change it so now I'm stuck with it, haha

• My username is pretty boring..

it doesn't have some secret clandestine meaning...

it's just.. my name.

• Not real meaning.
    Just my first name and my abbreviated middle name merged together.

• It was from neopets lol

I use to love that site

• Lumos is a spell used in Harry Potter to make the tip of the wand light up. :)

• my name is Destiny and i love dolphins, so one time my friend called me Dolphiny. i thought it was the greatest thing ever haha. and it really stuck with me :D

• It just refers to an empty, deserted planet of sand. I often feel empty and mentally isolated, so there you go. And part of my real name is in it as well, so it's also a little play on words.

• My user name is a reminder to me every day that I should stop dreaming and get back to reality. I had to add 27 (my birthday - Dec 27) to make it unique.

• As humans, we instinctively competitive. We compare ourselves to others just as animals would do to determine which animal is the best (that animal becomes the leader). Sometimes when we compare ourselves we become jealous (envious) of others. Thus the name Inevitably_ NVous was born

• Mysterious is self-titled, I just randomly chose flower because I my mum called me Fleur as a nickname.

• Mine is my Instagram name and my name I use for everything sooo it's easy to remember. First and middle name haha nothing special really. Just basic easy to remember ! Haha

• It's a quote from a book I read
    (Looking for Alaska)

‎"I go to seek a Great Perhaps." --Francois Rabelais

• I've recently had an affair with the devil and now I'm carrying his demon spawn.

• I was eating a chocolate bar when I signed up.

• Mine is the name of a dragon that breathes blue fire that I created in a story I wrote.

• I actually didn't know it was going to be my username, so I just wrote some name. I don't really care tho, most of what I write is anonymous anyways :)

• I dunno, it just sounded cool and I like Bruce Willis!

• Mine is because i love theater.

• I always liked Princess Serenity from Sailor Moon, so I figured I'll go with something cute and sweet. :D

• Lauren is a distortion from my actual name (Laura) and 24.10 ( day and moth-birthday)

• I grew up watching The Flintstones and thought the baby Pebbles was so cute and adorable. When I was creating my username that name popped into my mind

• Well I'm shy so that explains the use of shy. There is no real meaning behind butterfly. Everything that I was trying to use was already taken so k was just trying random stuff and finally this was the first username that was available.

• I always joked that if I could trade names, I'd want to be Holly. So sometimes when I'd go out with my college friends, we told people that was my name if I knew I'd never see them again haha

• More from Girls
    36