When asking and answering questions, why do so many of you go anonymously?

After all show your face for once.

106

Most Helpful Girl

• I know a lot of people do! Even on questions that don't need personal information or experiences that can be uncomfortable. I'm glad that I can not allow anonymous people to comment but not because some are scared or embarrassed but because some people hide who they really are. Most of the time trolling and bullying so nope sorry but answer anonymously on my questions, plus they're not even uncomfortable questions to answer. That's just me, I hope I didn't sound me but I was anonymous when I started but lost that fear of judgement, I'll just answer a question with confidence or just pass it up and move along.

What Girls Said 9

• Because you touch yourself at night
    lol jk.
    I guess being anonymous prevents judgement either of the pic, profile, or comments. Plus, a lot of these questions are personal, or kinky.
    Sorry for my childish comment in the beginning of this response. Oh well :P

• I think what makes people go anonymous is because of the fact that whatever you post is here forever. If you make a post or a question, there's nothing you can do once you accept. No deleting. Anonymity makes it a little easier to ask and answer questions without having your persona attached to it, especially if they're dealing with something personal that has a lot of specifics that somebody they know (or even worse, relevant to the topic they're discussing) could come across.
    I found this site originally because of Google searches that showed up with relevant questions. This place is a hot-spot for Google search. Who knows who could stumble on your things, jsut by typing in a question on Google? Though the internet is a wide and vast place, specifics, especially put to a username and a face, can definitely give yourself away in some cases.

• Then I don't have to lie and sugar coat how I really feel, duh?

• Take a stand on your own two feet dont hide

• I hide from the angry PM that are inevitable. I chose to stand on feet on these posts but leave my PM alone.

• Its because people have that choice to use the feature - I hardly ever do

• I only go anonymous if its about something on the more extreme personal side... or if the topic at hand is embarrasing

• I prefer to go anonymous if it's really personal, that's all.

• I hardly ever go anon.. What's the point. People judging who cares they don't know me.. Lol

• There I'm showing my face XD

• Many post anonymously to avoid other users' harassment and judgment.

What Guys Said 6

• Nobody's obligated to show themselves. A lot of these questions are personal so they choose to ask or respond anonymously.

• I have no face. Only a voice.

• Because people are to scared to say what they stand for or mean. They want to hide behind a web form. I would bet that 90% of the people on here talk a big game but wouldn't say any of this in real life.

• A lot of people find it embarrassing to answer personal questions on forums.

• I've used it once. I don't use it.

• Because some stuff is really personal.