Are the 18 - 25 Age Group Mean?

The female 18 - 25 age group, why do you think you have the right to dictate how old someone should be with regards to their comments?

The women of this age group are always the first to mention age: You're to old for this, you're too old for that. Why do you have a sense of humor you're over thirty?

It's like they seem to think once you reach thirty you turn into your mom. News for you ladies, you're you just older! Maybe you want to turn into a dullard when you get older but a lot of us stil retain our sense of humour and our sense of adventure. We are also generally a bit more experienced and therefore wiser which is why we laugh at your youthful claims of experience. We laugh! Yes! Because we have a sense of humour!

So for the girls who do this, why do you think women change when they hit 30? What do you expect to magically hapen to remove all fun from your lives and turn you into the sourpusses you seem to be already?

58

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, they are usually a mean age group. I'll even expand and say 18-29 here.

You stole the words out of my mouth! I hate being associated with my own age group, because most people in this age group (let's say young adults) are narrow mined, unfriendly, superficial, greedy and judgmental.

The women are the worst in this age group. Not only will they judge people for their age, but they judge on weight, social status, wealth status, education, and popularity. They don't realize their own privilege either.

The guys in this age group are much more friendly but they tend to be harsh on looks. They won't date a girl even the slightest bit overweight.

From my experience, women in their 30's have a much better sense of humor than women in their 20's. Women in their 20's lack this notion we call a personality.

• In fairness to certain age ranges it is individuals rather than a group - I get some stick for my age from the full range 30 and lower ( actually something I just thought of, 99% of mine comes from males ) - It can also work the other way as the under 18s can testify, they get a bit of stick as well - The way I look at it is I am here to enjoy so if you abuse me I will block you in a nanosecond, I am not going waste my time on here having a nonsensical argument.

• I agree, I never used to block but now I just get rid of distasteful individuals.

I only even get the females mentioning my age. Perhaps it's not something they think of with regards to the opposite gender.

• meh... social disorders.. they don't get life, and probably have princess complexes due to being pretty.

• yeah whats their fucking problem xD

• Every age group has their assholes ;P

• women of any age group get mean

• NO they're not mean
    you have mean people in every age group, even yours

• Did you read the question all the way through?

• I did
      I don't think that you'll "think older"
      you just got more life experience, and that should be respected. You people should be the best to answer us teenagers our questions

What Girls Said 5

• I like fun silly older women. I have a club buddy in her 40s and she turns up like someone half her age. Why should you become boring because you age?

• You don't but so so so many times I make a joke or be silly and a girl in that age group makes a dumb comment about how I'm too old for this and I should grow up yadda yadda yadda.

It preoccupies their minds I think, turning 30.

• I've never seen this. I mainly see teens who think once your 25 your life is over. I can't wait to be thirty

• Yeah it happens a lot. It's the first insult out the bag for many. Master Poop got it I think.

• am i 18 - 25? umm.. shit.. damn it. i am.. :( :( :(

• But are you one of these girls?

• Then this is not a question for you dear lady.

• I hate how anyone of the GaG site thinks your opinion doesn't matter because of your age.

• Preach it sister! I respect the teens as much as anyone else, we are victimised by the 18-25's! They think they are so much smarter than you and so much cooler than me.

• Yes! Mostly all this age stuff is coming from the 18-25 age group.

• Lol , I come to this site to see how other people view things. And to help out , I don't ask questions. To me the site should be for people 20 and up , But I don't make the rules. Don't let what others say bother you , Because I never believe and what society say age should be. I don't know if you believe in the bible or not , But regarding the story of sarah , If i'm not mistaken she was 90 . They said she looked so young and beautiful that her husband had to say that she was his sister , So certain men wouldn't do things to her. A lot of these young ladies look like they're are 30 but so many are way younger. So who cares what they say , Wisdom comes with age. So keep on throwing your knowledge.