How long does it take to become a Guru member?

I just became 9xper yesterday and was wondering how long it takes to become a Guru? I can't wait honestly. 😁

79

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It's different for everyone. Depends on how active you are or should I say how much you do or do not have a life. For some it takes a few months, for others a few years.

For me it took a bit less than 3 months but it's rare to reach it so fast, I'm just here more or less 24/7.

Technically speaking, for you it will take as long as you've already been here if your activity is consistent and doesn't/hasn't changed a lot. Because you reach level 9 at 10000 Xper and you need another 10000 to reach Guru, so just as much.

What Guys Said 8

• It is quite easy if you think about it - Keep an eye on your weekly total on Xper page and see how long it takes before you get 10k needed.

• Reaching Xper Level 9 is like halfway. I'm kind of in the same boat. Just turned Level 9 a few days ago. I just couldn't stand the idea of only being half-way there though, so recently, I've been posting 100-150 opinions a day in an attempt to, by that calculation, make it to Guru by 75 or so days.

• That's the best way to climb. Commit yourself to doing 100 opinions a day for 100 days (on normal days, do like 120-150 so you can get ahead for days that just won't be possible). Because of all the other ways to earn Xper, like MHO's, Asker upvote's, etc, again you should get their by 75 or so days.

• Yeah, well if you think about it actually 100 opinions = 2 promoted myTakes. My original idea was actually to right 2 myTakes a day, and then someone pointed out that 100 opinions is easier because the problem with myTakes is that you have to have a lot of topics.

But if you can do it, and brainstorm 50-200 topics to write about (if all of them get featured, then you'll only need 50 myTakes since a featured one gets you 200 in total), and do 2 myTakes a day and you should get to Guru in the same amount of time.

Or find a balance. Maybe do 1 myTake + 50 opinions a day. That's my advice.

• I will do it thank you. :)

• It takes forever! i become level 9 like a few months ago... and i feel like it will never happen! its gonna take another few months tbh...

probably 6 months of consistent gag usage

• How long have you been here so far? Ok your half way there do the math

• Beats me cuz I've been stuck on xper 9 like FOREVER. Not that I really care.

The rankings are probably logarithmic so you probably need 10 times more points than the previous level or something like that.

• Some people are saying that it's like 20,000 points or something like that. it's felt like I've been stuck on 8 xper forever.

• Probably a year more for ya

• At the rate I'm going, about 100 years! In my opinion, status doesn't matter for someone like you. You have a reputation for being one of the good guys which is far more important.

• It takes a long long time, actually. I started out with 13000 XPER myself, and I get about 550-700 XPER per week.

What Girls Said 6

• I started January1, 2013, @RainbowFanGirl, and the weeks before Christmas in December 2014, I Posted a "Thank you Fellow GAGERS for making this possible" for it was That Day... I reached GURU.
    I believe that you are off to a great start, nearly there, for Level 10 is when you reach your First Bright star. I believe that with all of your hard work and dedication on GAG, you will Get there before you know it.
    However, Getting to Master for me has been a bit slow, with some of the newbies who may vote slow. I hope to make it by early next year, but I do not believe it will be before Christmas this year, dear.
    Good luck and Congrats for Level 9.. I remember still keeping this in my Important things in my emails when GAG had told me. xx

• some people here take like 4 months to get it [because theyre sad] lmao. others take a year, others 2, 3. it depends really on how active u r.

• It depends on how often you post on here. It took me almost 6 years to get here but that was with a long hiatus during that time. I'm working my way up to Master at a faster rate now, though.

• it depends how consistent your gag usage is
    how many points do you have right now?

from level 9 you need 20000 points for reaching Guru, which is the same amount of points needed to go from level 1 to 9
    for me, it took 2 years to get 20000 points for level 9, so imagine it will take me another 1.5 years to reach Guru at my current rate. i've noticed some do it in six months or less thoug

• It took me a little over a year, because I grew bored of the site.

• you should be one soon!