Why is there no more down-voting?

What the hell? I didn't sign up for another facebook!

• It bothers me too
  • It's kind of annoying
  • I prefer it
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
Everything else in the update is a legitimate improvement to the site but taking away down-votes is quite annoying
I know I said people misuse the down-voting system but that doesn't mean the down-voting system is bad.

1610

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey, the idea is to encourage positive interactions, and whenever there's disagreement, of course we can always express it on a comment!

Most Helpful Guy

• I kind of like the idea to having to explain why you disagree but I liked the down vote button a lot xD

What Girls Said 15

• I don't like this either. I'm not fucking "hearting" someone's opinion. I'll *agree* with them but a heart insinuates way more attachment to other people's ideas than I'm willing to devote to this website.

• lol I just posted something similar. Completely agree... Or should I say, I loved what you said ❤️...
      😑😑

• Yo belle, is that 9mfeo's real pic?

• @Aeon_Flux_21 Eww don't be a creeper jfc

• It's so dumb. This is not Facebook or Instagram or whatever. People disagree with opinions, and it's silencing one side of the argument.

• I prefer it. People abuse downvotes and that can be really frustrating. I'd rather just give upvotes because it's more positive, and then comment if I really disagree with someone. That said, I'm not really a fan of the whole "heart" thing. I'd prefer a thumbs up or something. I love hearts but there's a time and place.

• This will just encourage more direct written abuse on people's opinions instead of calmly downvoting to express disappointment and keeping it moving. Disappointing and counterproductive, GAG.

• I haaaaaaaate it!

• So dumb lol

• It's gonna take some getting used to. I wanted to downvote like 20 things already! But I usually commented on things that I downvoted so I'll just continue to do that.

• It's ridiculous. It looks like Valentines Day threw up all over the place. Disgusting.

• When did this happen?

• It's stupid lol is this for like Valentine's day in February or something? Lol hopefully just for Valentine's day come on bring the downvote back!!

• Yay! :D
    I just noticed they removed the down voting. I'm so happy that feature is gone. #nomorehate

• Yeah I don't like it either

• I don't understand why they'd take it off. Ridiculous.

• I'm not bothered. Maybe after some feedback, they'll bring that function back.

• I demand the downvoting option back!!!

What Guys Said 9

• It does bother me too. And how did we end up agreeing to an opinion to automatically "loving" it wtf is with this new change? lol

• 0|1
  • WORST UPDATE EVERRR!

• This is a mistake, no offence to the people that worked on it. But it's a mistake in my opinion.

• jeese. I do like the aesthetic changes, but no downvotes? come on...

• Seriously lol. Just why..

• I'm outraged, honestly.

• Brilliant change !!! Best feature ever on GAG.. if you disagree, give a comment.

• I want to downvote... i want old gag back