Here are my questions:
1) When someone replies to a post, the reply is displayed in response to "asker" or "opinion owner". These terms are not very clear. I ask that instead of asker or opinion owner you display the username even when anonymous. Or at the the very least, you can keep "asker" but replace "opinion owner" with the actual poster's name.
2) As for anonymous users, why not make someone create a user name to post or respond to questions? It will help your current users feel like more of a community. If you think you will lose revenue if you make people register, that is a fair answer to me. Though I think I could argue that if someone creates a user name they will probably revisit the site than someone that just posts anonymously. Unless your financial value is on unique visits and not repeat visits. Then you have me again.
3) Once you post something, I would like the ability to edit my post. If you can not provide an edit feature, I would like a delete feature, if possible.
4) Your site is very slow and crashes my browers. I use a MAC OS and use chrome and firefox. Both browsers have issues loading pages or have issue trying to respond to posts. If you are at any way concerned with getting repeat visits to your site, then I suggest you fix this. I do believe that you could have a lot of repeat business and it could double or triple your site visitation, if you fix this.
That is all I can think of for now. I hope someone takes the time to answer my questions.
Thanks for the site. I have enjoyed a lot of my time here and wish to spend more time. Unfortunately, if it takes so long to view, post and respond, I will probably not continue.
I think I should clarify #1 from #2. While I still think this site should not allow anonymous posting (Question #2), that opinion in no way affects #1.
Question #1 has to do with clarity. It is hard to follow a conversation or a line of thought when you are busy trying to figure out what replies belongs to who.
Please remove that, if you can. I would be forever grateful. It would ease reading and better facilitate the understanding of a poster's opinion.
Most Helpful Guy
Any suggestions or complaints, you can send to the admins https://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact
1: Asker means the question asker. And the opinion owner or OP (original poster) means the poster of the opinion, which were replied to.
For your 3rd question, it's in the FAQ: https://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#61
Quoting: "Once you have submitted a question, take, opinion, or reply, you cannot edit or delete it. We do not remove posts per user request. If it doesn't violate any site rules, we won't remove it. Please carefully consider what you post before clicking Submit so as to avoid 'post regret'."
Questions can be updated however, and after a while, also "disavowed" which cuts all ties to it, as well as your account.
One of the primary reasons that one cannot edit or delete posts, is so that people cannot abuse the feature and say one thing, then edit/delete it and deny it.0
Most Helpful Girl
1. If the asker/opinion poster has gone anonymous, their username will never appear since they are... anonymous.
2. Some users do not want their usernames attached to certain questions, usually of a personal nature. That doesn't mean they go anonymous all the time, and they would like to make connections/friendships while here on other questions. Some users do go anonymous all the time, and that is because they don't want their identity out there as part of the community or they just want to answer questions and move on. That's just how it goes. I don't think it lessens the community feeling.
3. It would be nice to edit posts, but there would be users that abuse that feature. I'm assuming that's the main reason it hasn't been implemented yet. Trolls would use it to post inappropriate things and then edit it before getting the entire post or question deleted.
4. I've never had issues while using Chrome, but I do have a Windows computer. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes.0