Why do people on g@g get "triggered" so easily?

I asked a question about teenage boys and why some of them are immature and so many people were geninely offended. Like people were telling me "fuck you" and "but what about teenage girls tho" and blah blah blah. One guy even reported me for it. Are you kidding me? I even apologized and people were still mad. I found it funny, because people talk about feminists getting triggered but guys can get triggered easily as well. I see it a lot on here. Everyone complains about something, even me.

So, why do you get triggered? Are you triggered easily? Does it annoy you at how easily someone, man or woman, gets offended these days?

4|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 43

• I think every group has trigger words - What triggers me, loaded questions - Most of the time I just detour around a debacle if I see a big you said/I said opinion stream.

0|0
    0|0
  • i3.kym-cdn.com/.../9d8.gif

I'm triggered right now

https://img.memecdn.com/triggered_o_6289201.jpg

because a man got PTSD from shooting a rifle. . . unbelievable. I'm offended because we don't even get guns in this country so I'm the one who's oppressed here not no feminists

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

0|0
    0|0
    • seriously though did you hear about that story. He pulled the trigger got scared then he had to go back to his safe space for a good cry?

Sometimes I can't even. . .

I just think I need a greencard, I'll swap places with that guy

• It's because you were being unreasonable so people are conna complain. Not necessarily "triggered". I think reporting you is taking it too far though. Nobody should be reported for saying something you disagree with.

0|0
    0|0
    • I am sorry.
      It was teenage boys who were bullying that girl so that is why I asked, for insight on if you were immature as a teenager or if you are a teen boy yourself. Instead people bitched and moaned.

• That's because the majority of teen boys aren't like that. You're not gonna get much insight.

• A lot of them in my school pick on people. Some guy at school just today called me a dumbass for zoning out in gym class and not catching a ball.

• It's not just GaG it's everywhere on the internet lol, don't mind them.

1|0
    0|0
  • It seems that being "triggered" is being misused a defense against any criticism or disagreement.

Omg, he/she didn't like my answer, I must have triggered them! The issue with words like this being adopted on a massive scale is that idiots acquire them and it stifles discourse. People can't have an honest conversation with themselves or others because there is word justifying them in some way.

Are some people immature? Sure. Were they "triggered"? Possibly. Two years ago, they werent triggered, they just disagreed and you actually had to reflect on what you said.

0|1
    0|0
  • If u can't let your anger out IRL where else u gonna do it?

I don't know I'm guessing lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I wish we could retire the word "triggered." This is real life. Not everyone agrees on everything, and we all just have to deal with that. With precious few exceptions, no one should be getting "triggered" by much of anything. Agree to disagree, or take a swing at someone if you're that offended. It's worked that way for a long time, but the last 5-10 years we somehow decided that simply hearing a differing opinion amounts to some kind of assault. I'm a pretty liberal guy, I know it's usually Trump voters you hear with this spiel, but I'm just a guy who, while still being socially progressive, thinks the world has a whole lot of toughening up to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Something about being able to think aloud on the Internet.

0|0
    0|0
  • It sucks because they might be so pissed that they don't give you the reason or want to solve the issue and just ignore you or block you lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's GAG, most people here have never had their ideas challenged cause they make little contact with people in the real world.
    This kind of site attracts these kind of people, because they're free to say whatever they want without facing any consequences. It's what happens all over the Internet, really.

Bitterness is very present around GAG, plus, those who get offended, do so for a reason. Having a stranger online tell you what you don't want to admit to yourself can be quite difficult for some.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty sad I know, but I do know that some of those people are intentionally looking for an argument.

0|0
    0|0
  • IdkIdk

but I get easily triggered when it comes to racism

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's the world we live in

You could sneeze abd someone would be pissed

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah some people on here are just very sensitive I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they be sensitive and emotional

1|0
    0|0
  • everyone is looking for a reason to get offended

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care much
    You shouldn't either 😂 LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because your black, if you were white they would of be nice to you. Theirs a lot of racist people on here, it happens to me as well

0|0
    0|1
  • can't make generalizations

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a lot of dysfunctional people on gag. But keep in mind it is the internet, people won't hold back and you've gotta have thick skin.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 31

Recommended myTakes