Why do people keep asking for my snapchat or insta on here?

I don't want to give it out. I really don't. Even to people with whom I'm close on here.

Like I'm close with this one girl she asked for mine and I don't want to give it to her. What do I do?

88

Most Helpful Guy

• For the ones who you are close with, people like to see who they're talking to, so they know it's not just some random 40 year old person. For the ones who immediately ask for it, they want to get in your pants probably hahaha. Just add them on a messaging app and send like one picture of yourself if they ask, and that should be sufficient.

• That's the thing I have no intent of adding them on a messaging app what's the problem with only messaging on here?

• I agree with that thanks

• However, what I'll add is that I use a messaging app that I don't use with people I know personally. That way there's a division and not an invasion of my personal life. Just something to think about.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just say no. I'm the same way. I don't want people looking me up and watching my everymove on instagram.

What Guys Said 7

• Get over yourself OP

• Well I never used either so certainly won't get any question from me, lol

• Just tell her no.

• I dont share it with anyone...
    Except my brother @MaLifeBeLikeOooAaah , we shared our kik accounts.

• It's because that's normal. I exchanged snap chat and instagram with old internet friends.

• It's normal to give out my instagram to someone I've never met on some website? I don't think so.

• Maybe for you yes but not me. I hate when people push me into giving social media out when on my profile description it clearly reads "don't ask for my social media"

• Well honestly I don't think I would give anything out either on this site unless I was close with them I suppose, close aka knowing they're real and good people.

• Maybe they ask you because they actually want to get to know you more.

• why you so scared?

• Because I don't want anybody to troll an account where I talk with my ACTUAL FRIENDS

• Yes I do but I still don't consider them friends unless I really know who they are and have physically met them.

• but you could always just meet them, if you WANTED to

What Girls Said 7

• Just say you aren't comfortable sharing it.

• Tell her no, it's not a big deal. I have one for my baking hobbies so I don't giving that one out but I wouldn't give out my personal one.

• Just don't give it to them. My insta is private as well.

• Yeah a lot of people ask me for private social media details, I generally say no.

• Don't Give it to her. It's just another follow count for her or them.

• Just don't give it. Its your life and your choice. Dont feel pressured into anything. Just say you don't want to give out personal details.

• You have every right to protect your personal identity by not giving it to her.