Is anyone else thinking of taking a break from this site?

I'm really just done with people in general.

Most Helpful Guy

• Go and enjoy life away from the internet and places like this. Do what you have to do. Whilst it might be good for getting questions answered, feeling part of a community, and helping others out, its not the be and end all of life. People are always different online than they are in real life. Dont let it get you down is basically what im trying to say.

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't been on as much as I used to be, so I guess it's kind of a break. It's more than I'm just super busy, though.

What Guys Said 29

• I wish they would implement a "break" mode or "vacation" mode, at least for users from Level 8 or above. Because I think that it would be great to keep our XPer points gained and not lose any of it for not signing in and checking in once every week.

• There are a wide variety of people on here... from creeps over somewhat annoying people to a fair group of nice girls and guys.
    What I do is following people and than filtering questions for their question only... that yields me nice questions and I'm mainly interacting with nice people :D

• No. I don't take this site seriously enough to affect me personally, so I don't need a break.

• No. I like it here. Especially when I need a break from the other parts of life. Just a way to read and share thought on what's going on with other people. Take my mind off my own problems for a while.

• Well you can just take a break. You don't need to deactivate your account and start back from level 1. Just go on a hiatus from gag.

• I'd miss you

• Since the beginning of time, people have created statuses like this. Is it in the hopes that people beg you to stay?

• GAG never fails to amaze me. I'm just seeing what others thoughts on it are. No need to overthink it.

• There are times some of the questions on this site drive me nuts.. And I just don't log on for a while. I guess being here since 2008 makes me jaded, because I see questions similar to this a lot.

• no not something that has crossed my mind

• Why what's wrong? If anonymous people get your skin all shriveled up... I wonder what happens in real life

Maybe it's not the website but something coming from within that is making you feel this way

• I tried and it made me sad as I feel a small sense of community here (j don't have a lot of friends). Please don't go, I will dearly miss your witty banter

• Nope, I haven't been as active (I think) lately.

I've taken breaks from this site before (checking in for PMs and xper points).

• A couple of weeks off will do you the world of good, you come back with a fresh out look

• nope.

just ignore the idiots and questions you know you will only see bs

• I've tried many times L, it's difficult lol

• Once I get to 7,000 points I won't be on here nearly as much.

• I'm leaving as soon as I move

• Nope, I won't be taking a break. All of you will have to deal with me and my answers lol.

• I have and I do.

• I'm at 6800 XPER. I'm getting to 7000 and then leaving for a while, if not forever.

• i did for several months.

• I want to, I would miss you though and reading what you post

• I've took a break for while so i know how you feel.

• no you are not lol

• i think i know why you're leaving, and if i'm right... i understand

• Yes. Until people relax about politics it is a good idea to take a break for me

• I might in a little. In fact I might deactivate again

• Don't go!!! And naa I'm going to keep rolling on here. I find it pretty cool.

• You were never really here for the right reason anyway. So, yeah, you should

I've often thought about taking a break butttt then I thought, well, I need my points, right?

• no i'm not, im still happy

What Girls Said 13

• Same. I feel like there are a lot of people that don't use this site to ask question and hear opinions, they just want to spew their own thoughts without listening to anyone else.

(Obviously there are still people who use this site to ask questions and give real advice, but there are also a bunch of people who don't).

• Tbh; I use the app whenever I'm waiting for an appointment or travelling long distances. Have never taken this site seriously, would be so emotionally and mentally draining, if anyone wants to hate or start something then so be it, leave them there in their own hole they created for themselves lol.

• I've been thinking about it today actually. Too much elections and trump shit, its getting really irritating now cause its all I see on my feed. Feel like taking some months break I don't know.

• I've thought about deactivating my account plenty of times, and honestly, I just joined a few months back. I took a break for like a few weeks and just now coming back.

• Nope. Don't see the point.

• It's not healthy to be online all the time. Go out and do some more living. You are young and should be having more fun anywayβ™‘

• It's good to take a break sometimea.

No need to deactivate

• I do every now and then.

• I took a long break from this site recently. I'm also thinking I may take another one soon. So many of the attitudes on here are often so disheartening.

• Since I left and came back I just don't spend huge chunks of time on here.

• I'm thinking of doing the same thing... but I would really like that amazon gift card by Christmas

• If you want to take one just take it
    I've done it plenty of times for various reasons

• I have tried taking a break but it only lasts a few days.