How do you know if someone has blocked you here even if you've never interacted before?

i keep seeing posts about users who have been blocked by users they never even know or by users who hadn't interacted with them before. How do they happen to know it and how can I know it myself?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• You try to answer one of their questions, and find you're blocked, and you've never heard of them before.

• In my case, the list fembots, many of whom I've had zero contact with, have me blocked.

• Hahaha those feminists are clearly triggered, then xD

• Boy are they ever!!! Thanks for the MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• When someone blocks you, you can't upvote or comment on anything they write and post. A red tab above your computer/phone will state that you've been blocked by them or you have blocked them. If you haven't blocked them (in your block list) then they have blocked you.

Sometimes users do this because they dislike the person based on their answers on previous questions or for unknown reasons (to which i don't know why either)

What Guys Said 3

• I know why most users have blocked me.. I can't mention names because I don't want to get suspended again. There has been two users that blocked me when I had no idea why. One a lot of users know about and the other actually unblocked me when I indirectly mentioned her on a ubermod question..

• Try to upvote or downvote one of their opinions. It always works because if they blocked you then a red message would tell you that they blocked you. People block people they never interacted with because they may have found a reason to not like you or you pissed them off when they were anonymous.

• I don't remember people's names on here, so god knows why I'm often blocked. Maybe it's just one person and I don't realise?

• It may be the case

• Either way, it's terrible

What Girls Said 3

• You can find this out by trying to answer a question or opinion of theirs. You'll get a notification when you try to submit your response that you've been blocked.

• they probably didn't know because either them ir the person was anon when they got blocked

• You'll only know if you try to comment or upvote on something by them, I think.