Do you think there should be an LGBT topic on GAG?

🏳️‍🌈 explain your reasoning in the comments please

• Yes, I do
  • No, I don't
  • I don't know
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

2031

Most Helpful Guy

• We all have similar problems regardless of our sexual orientation. If you're gay and having relationship problems, others can answer and help you with it. It wouldn't help to limit your responses to just other lgbt people. You wouldn't get nearly as many responses.
    On the other hand, I'm sure it would be nice to know that there are other people similar to you in sexual orientation. Some can be judgmental. I know that to be the case here at times. It still doesn't help to have a little categories for every type of person.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think LGBT related questions can easily come under sexual behavior or Society and Culture, depending on the nature of question.
    I have seen very few such questions here so far so not sure if making a separate topic is needed

What Guys Said 30

• No. They have other area's - relationships for example - for different things.

LBGT people aren't "other". They have the same problems we have.

• No not really, i don't see why it needs to get its own separate category. I am all for equality so we should threat them as equals. Not make a LGBT, Left handed and Kangaroo category.

Yes i understand different questions might arise from Kangaroo's such as Does he like my tale or questions where they compare jump hight and boxing skills. But i rather have them use the existing tags and make the opinions and questions provided more broad.

• I've advocated before for a keyword notification... Somewhere in your profile where if someone asks a question or writes a my take about something on your "key word" list then you get notified. I think it's a better solution then an endless group of categories.

• No, I don't think there should be an LGBT+ topic because there will be cis-straight people who will troll on it...

• When more and more people will start demanding it then there will be a point to adding it. So far this is the only question that I can remember that has asked for this.

• it's whatevers

• No, because there isn't a straight sex category. It's all sex preference inclusive.

• There needs to be a separate Music category before anything! Flirting and Shopping and Gifts categories are useless for the most point.

• 2 questions:

don't these questions fit in any other topics?
    are there enough questions to justify a new topic?

in my opinion it's unecessary

• its so funny how most people think there shouldn't. i bet you maybe 1 or 2 years ago people would have thought differently. All these SJWs have basically made everyone hate them making it out right impossible for trans people to integrate into society properly. I mean why would you even consider hiring a transwoman if they can pretty sue you and your're company for a hate crime that they probably didn't even commit? the left is actually making it harder for minorities to live properly in the west.

• No because only 1% of the population is gay, and their problems are usually the ones that affect anyone else.

So there's nothing specific about it, at least not under the purpose of this site.

• I think there should be, because probably 10 percent of GAG users are gay, and a certain fairly large percentage have questions about their sexual identity, so having that as a topic would help them the get thier questions answered.

• Using that logic, we should have a bi topic because 30% (or whatever) are bi, and an asexual topic because a bunch are that, etc. or to sum it up - - - No, just no!

• I think it can fall under one of the sexual health or other sexual related questions or under behavior or society.

You can always try to contact an admin and propose it if you really want there to be one.

• I think there should be because I can troll the fuck out of it.

• No I don't, I feel like there are more than enough LGBT forums for people who want them, and there is nothing stopping you from asking a question related to being gay in the appropriate category.

• Only if they make a British topic.
    It'd be about being British, and coping with London being the new New York in edgy films where cities get blown up.

• That would be a good idea in my opinion so i can just block that topic and never see their questions again.

• Shouldn't that be on Guys ask Guys, or Girls ask Girls?

• No. There's no purpose. All the categories that people could ask questions about LGBT already exist. The only purpose it would serve is to make people feel better.

• no in the same way there isn't a section for wankers either... use sexual behaviour section

• sure, why not?

• Yes. Then I could simply block it and never have to see LGBT questions.

• No idea 😶
    What do you say?

• No there are already plenty of people asking about it

• Nope

• Quit being a damn snowflake.

• Only if there is also a Straight Christian section too to be fair.

• yeah, but, that's generally under "sexual behavior"

• only for bisexuals otherwise it wouldn`t be girls ask guys damnnnnnnnnnn

• If you want there to be one you can just ask a question about it or do a my take on it, that is how this website function.

What Girls Said 19

• No... because that would be like there's a heterosexual topic on GaG... it's as if you're saying they're in some way different... and they aren't the norm so they can't fit into the topcis already here - which I disagree with.
    It smells more like divide and inconsideration - than the opposite.

• With many Changes and also many Categories on Here, dear, one never Knows how it Goes.
    I have Seen changes a lot Taken place for 3 years on Here and with Times Changing before our Eyes, there could one day be A... Big Surprise. They may Put this in a Category.
    Perhaps if you Put in a Request with Gag, they will Consider this Carefully. I rarely have a Problem with Anything that is Put on Gag, I am just Trying to be very Helpful.
    Good luck. xx

• Not necessarily. I think there are enough topics to cover any questions a member might have - even specific to LGBT

• As far as I can tell, the gay issues are the same as the straight issues, except for the preference. Correct me if I am wrong or being insensitive? Who is going to keep the trolls from circling a "designated" area of a forum like a bunch of mentally challenged sharks?

• No.
    I can't imagine there being any kind of post made concerning LBGTQ-related things that wouldn't already fall under one of the existing toipcs such as sexual behaviour, sexual health, relationships, dating, flirting, or even society & culture.

• If subtopics were a thing then yeah, but outside of that i don't see a need for it. LGBT stuff can fit into other topics just fine.

• Yeah, why not!

• Because it's a relevant topic that should be accepted here just like the relationships and sexual behaviors this is no different.

• I do not think so. LGBT people are regular people with different interest like everyone else

• I think it's LGBTQIA now. It's confusing, but sure, it can have its own topic.

• nope not need it

• I don't see what questions related to LGBTQ+ wouldn't fit under an already existent category.

• i think it should be because personally i want to listen all their problems... we just can't disrespect them...

• no bc that just seperates them..

• Nop,
    It's not because I'm straight but because other straight people can troll.

• nope, its unnecessary

• Of course! No one should be left out! I just posted a question on how to create a social group to get people to join me in creating a super group of drag for Cincinnati, Oh... and I am a STRAIGHT REPUBLICAN!

• I don't know. What would be the reason for it?

• I think so... It would be easier to find those questions and stuff... so yeah!