Should G@G add a TG gender for new account sign ups? Or should we be allowed to change our gender if we "feel" opposite that day?

I mean I'm confused. It's GIRLS... ask GUYS... right? And vice versa. When you sign up for an account, it asks you for your GENDER. If you say male, you get blue. If you say female, you get pink. This is where infamous Pink Anon and Blue Anon come from.

And I don't give a crap if you were born a girl and want to be a boy scout now.

Should G@G add a TG gender for new account sign ups? Or should we be allowed to change our gender if we
Y'all can flame me with your PC flame throwers all you want, I'm impervious. I used my special snowflake repellent spray. It's kinda like that waterproof stuff you spray your suede leather shoes with ya know?

But seriously, WTF? We've always had catfish here. Many guys and older men pretending to be girls. Now every day, I'm seeing more "trans gender", cross dressing, and/or gay guys, creating new accounts as girls. Openly. Not actually cat fishing, but more daring to show you that they have a female account, but they aren't actually female.

So, should G@G have a Purple Anon for trans people? And if so, do we have to guess which gender they "identify" with? Or are there already designated colors for that?

What color is associated with a male that identifies as female, and vice versa?

Y'all are confusing the hell out of me. I think I need to go back to my safe space where no one can say anything mean to me about this.

This Question Anon Proofed by CheerGirl38139. Copyright 2017.

• YES. G@G should be PC and add a TG gender identity
    16%(7)15%(15)Vote15%(8)
  • You're kidding right?
    33%(15)33%(32)Vote33%(17)
  • NO. Who cares?
    29%(13)28%(27)Vote27%(14)
  • I'm confused too. Seriously... WTF?
    9%(4)7%(7)Vote6%(3)
  • Chill out you politically incorrect troglodyte
    2%(1)7%(7)Vote12%(6)
  • YES. G@G should be EXTRA PC and add TWO new TG identities. I know the colors.
    2%(1)3%(3)Vote4%(2)
  • We should be able to change our account genders when we FEEL like the other gender
    9%(4)7%(6)Vote3%(2)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
OK everyone, I've decided that I don't give a fuck, and I'm closing this question. I never really cared to begin with, I just see the issue as super confusing.

The question was half-ass satirical to begin with, but after reading the answers, I conclude that adding 2 additional categories for "boy that wants to be a girl" and "girl that wants to be a boy", would simplify my G@G life.

PEACE.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• NO. Either you're born with the XX chromosome or the XY. That's your gender. It goes deeper than your boobs or adam's apple or hair or makeup. It's in the shape and size of your pelvic bone, and you can't change that. Even our skulls are built differently. Can't change that either. Why do we, society, have to change everything for a bunch of people who cannot accept their own selves? When you can change the smoothness of your cranium, the shape of your orbital bones, the width and shape of your pelvis, and your chromosomes, THEN we can talk.

What Guys Said 33

• I've not noticed a lot of this, but I've seen it a couple of times.

It's bullshit. This site attracts enough strange characters as it is, and accommodating this kind of thing will only make it worse.

Where do you buy that special snowflake repellent? I need to get me some of that, too.

• I personally know a few transgender individuals, and they are all people I'm happy to count as friends. I realize that it's difficult to understand what makes them identify as a different gender. It's a foreign idea to most people. That being said, they want nothing more than to fit in as the gender they identify as, and don't want to provoke or say or do anything that would open them up to harassment or worse from people that for some reason feel threatend by their gender identiy. They aren't catfishing, and I highly doubt they are trolling. I belive transgender perspectives should be welcome here.

• Maybe we should all move to Siberia, where the men are men and the women are, too!

• The entire premise of Girls ask Guys is based on the gender binary. If the trannies don't like that they can go elsewhere.

• I get that. But they are confusing the fuck out of me lately. I don't care about catfish. Im used to that. I can usually spot them fairly quickly.

But this new trend... Im not sure what to make of it

• Most transsexual people are happy with this system. They just choose the gender they identify themselves as and that's very simple. They either identify them as only a boy or a girl. But it's the gender fluid people who identify themselves as difference genders at difference days.

• Voted F.

What I'd actually like is an ability which would obviously be optional since we don't know anyone's gender here, but an ability to add a transgender tag that would show up like other tags (editor mod etc) do.

Why?

Because I'd interpret some of their opinions in that context. The whole core of the site is getting male views and female views. The life experiences and mindset of a transitioning woman and a cis woman are quite different. I'm -interested- in both but it's relevant information as much as knowing if people are male and female are.

There are some topics where I might find their views the -most- insightful (as an example someone who has lived with both female and male testosterone levels might have a -lot- to help all of us understand the other side) but I'd just find t good to know.

We have one new user who complains they are bigender and want their own category. That seems like snowflake syndrome to me. And it's also a fancy way of saying on issues or dating or sex their views are almost irrelevant.

• I've already asked this before and the general reply I got is that this site focuses specifically on the two primary (and real) genders and going any further would mean to change the whole foundation.

• I always wanted a camouflage colored account so i can feel more like a real tank.

• No. After all, a transgender is supposed to go from one gender to the other, therefore they're either male of female, so there's still 2 genders.

• So... I feel like Im a guy tomorrow... shouldn't I be able to change my gender on GaG until I feel like a girl again?

• @DeezNutz33 Well, they're actually one gender, the one the were born, they simply believe they're the opposite gender, or just want to live like the opposite gender. It's not like they ARE the opposite gender.

• But they are a woman they just happen to be a man or vice versa

• Isn't this website Turkish based? Doubt they'd ever implement something so stupid. The site is based off two genders something like this simply can't happen. It would be like Chick-Fil-A selling beef in their stores, goes completely against what they are.

• NOOOO!!! Don't even talk about this! I've honest to god been dreading the day this becomes a point of actual debate on this site. If everyone can just shut the fuck up long enough, we can avoid the site going through annoying changes. And if you haven't been here that long, it doesn't take that much to cause one.

• LOL. calm your tits bro. Im on your side.

That fact is, it's already happening. And IMHO it will totally change the site as it's not longer really GIRLS asking GUYS.

• I think it would add a nice dynamic to this site! Everyone counts no matter who they identify as but for now it's Girls Ask Guys.

• everyone counts. And they always will.

So... if you're male you're blue and if you're female you're pink.

Do we need more colors?

Do we need to change the site name?

• @cheergirl38139 They could add colors sure... I just don't know how many are beating down the doors of GAG to say HEY can i get my own color? Sometimes we worry about things that others aren't worried about. There would have to be a mass interest to actually make a change.. and we don't work for GAG so we wouldn't know.

• I don't support it and I'm not against it. I couldn't careless whether or not GAG adds a TG gender for new account signups.

• There is no other gender, feel free to sugarcoat it all you'd like.

• No. You are either a male or female. Anything else is a mental sickness

• They should add watermelon. I feel offended that people don't recognize me for who I am. I now sexually identify as a Crimson Sweet Watermelon.

• It defeats the purpose of the site. This site is about comparing guys opinions to girls opinions, or getting advice about the opposite sex. An "other" option can't really fit in there.
    Not to mention if you were able to change your gender on here, people would troll all the time. Or they would change their gender in order to answer the questions that were only set to one.

• We'll end up with a Johnny Cash "Boy Named Sue"!

• No, that will overcomplicate things. You should pick the gender you are most related at. Bevause your so similar in thevway of thinking the opinion can count towards that gender.

• Idgaf who's a boy or girl on this thing. I don't know how trans people come into play? If you're talking about bi gender snowflakes then STOP adding trans people. We are not them lmao

• I think it's fine as it is.

• If you seriously don't know which male-female gender you are, then spending time with a psychologist would be much more important than spending time on GaG.

• I don't really get it

"What color is associated with a male that identifies as female, and vice versa?"

If you're a girl and identify as guy, just pic guy and vice versa? You identify as the opposite gender, not as a third non existing one

• who the hell cares? if some creepy dude or gay guy or what ever wants to pretend to be a girl who cares? so no we shouldn't add new genders on here it would only encourage them

• I can scroll through two gendered opinions I would not be arsed scrolling through a third/fourth gender

• I need a safe space from all this idiocy *sucks thumb*

• Sure. Unless it means we'll be using too many electrons.

• Take that false gender crap elsewhere. Doctors who aren't afraid to often feelings have backed up that people who are transgender are MENTALLY ILL.

Can we have an option for apache attack helicopters please?

• Yes i agree they should be , there is other sites who allow you to sign up and choose whatever gender you recognize as.

• Can't believe you took the time and effort to even ask this๐Ÿ˜› and no

• Not your best question of 2017

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 18

• You're not what you feel, neither what you think you are; you are what your biochemistrical composition says you are.

• They should have an I'm a dinosaur option.

• I'm a homosexual transgender motorcycle with a bum wheel.
    Make an option for me? #special

• Last year on April fools day gag swapped all our genders and I really liked it. More and more I think about that day and realize I'm beginning to identify more as a boy. Can I swap my gender color but keep the same profile?

• I don't understand. I'm so confused. If you're a male, you choose male. If you're a female, you choose female. There shouldn't even be an option to feed into this messed up concept that you can switch genders.

• You can feel like a woman all you want. if you were born a male, you are a male regardless of how you "feel".

• Trans means they see themselves as what ever it was they picked not that they're gender fluid like who educated you?

• Who educated me?

Fucking biology educated me.

• Who you support has nothing to do with this mainly because (Trump is cool with Trans that's not one of his no no's look at Jenner) and even if you are a Nazi ( which since you mentioned it you might be because who just starts Nazi talk like.. Wtf) doesn't have anything to do with this it just makes you a racist this isn't about race it's about you being a PC Nazi

• If they feel female but have a penis they're not trying to make fun of the female gender, they just identify as a woman. I don't think accommodating to this level is necessary. I'm not transgender so I don't know how they'd feel about their own icon. I feel like it'd be best to integrate them as normally as possible though. This political correctness is getting intensely high key these days

• No, pick one.

• You're kidding right? I don't think gag pervs like tortelina are actually transgender.

• NO, thats a basic catfish

• Ah I see, this q sounded like a jab at actual trans people lmao

Call-out post timeee

• I don't care what trans people do.

Im just saying this is the kinda shit that makes it so fucking confusing. We've always had guys PRETENDING to be girls ( cat fishing) - but now Im liking on accounts that I think are girls that are openly male that are choosing "female" as their gender when they sign up.

So many we need a "neither" or "Both" gender instead of making people pick girl or guy.

• It doesn't matter to me people always think I'm a guy online anyway ๐Ÿ™„

• That's just people thinking you're a catfish. That's not what Im asking about.

• OK... but...

the name of the site is GIRLS... ask... GUYS...

How could you have a site by that name without genders?

• It is true.. people talking to people doesn't quite have the same appeal..

• If somebody can prove they've had a sex change since joining, then they should have the option to provide it to the g@g staff to change sex profile to their changed sex.

• Good question. I think if you really identify as a guy, pick Male, and if you really identify as a girl, pick Female. But either way, it should be one or the other.

• lmfao I really don t care XD

• No...

• Even though I'm trans and I have been catfished before by guys pretending to be girls, I don't think a trans identity color would work

• I agree with we should be able to change our gender.

• No, if they're TG then they should chose whatever gender that they're trans to.

• So a boy that *wants* to or wishes he was a girl, should sign up as a girl?

• Well, if that's what they identify as then that's what they're going to set their account as.

• I know. And I think it sucks.