Are you a Level One or Two User?

If you are, please read this.

Every day. I mean EVERY day... I get a follow request from a level one or level two user. No problem. I have a private profile. Some long-time users know why I choose to keep it that way.

Anyhoo... every time I get one of those follow requests from a user I've never interacted with... I send them a link to this MyTake.

Do any of them bother to read it?

SO, LEVEL ONE AND TWO USERS THAT HAVE SENT FOLLOW REQUESTS TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE WITH A PRIVATE PROFILE - HERE IS SOME HELPFUL ADVICE.

Go to your profile settings in your account...

Locate PRIVACY SETTINGS and UNCHECK the "Allow messages only from people I follow" box.

This is a G@G default setting. Unchecking the box will allow the user that you have requested to follow, the ability to message you to ask you whatever they want to know before they approve your follow request (or not).

This has been a G@G community service question and announcement.

• YES
  • NO
  • Sod Off CheerGirl
    Vote C
  • Thank You CheerGirl for always being so HELPFUL
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Just to clarify, I have NO PROBLEM with the follow requests. I just like to ask WHY you want to follow me when I've never interacted with you. And for the genius that just blocked me, Level One users CAN RECEIVE private messages (even with a private profile) from users Level Two and higher, but only IF you uncheck that box shown in the question. Again, you're welcome. :)

1028

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• When I die I want you to explain at my funeral what my purpose was. I mean, I think you're the only one who might have a chance to justify it.

• I once was a level one and a level two user, but it did not last very long!

• Hah I see where you're coming from. Weirdly enough I'm seeing you for the first time in my life, so hello I guess. I also found the way they did this stupid, but I only use the mobile version so I didn't really find the option to turn it off, I guess it's too late now. I think the app should have this unchecked as a default option.

• they check it as a default option (I guess) because level ones cannot SEND messages, so they don't want them inundated with unsolicited ones.

• I never had to do any of that- you followed me if I remember right.

• I agree with you.
    It's a pain

• Thank you

• Thanks for this community service.

• I understand your problem but I just want to say "Calm you boobs cheergirl!" without actually meaning it since I never was in your position and wouldn't really know why you are against being followed here :/

I'm Level 9 by the way and almost a Guru :>

• Because I've had too many people want to follow my recent posts around just to troll me and be fucktards. It just saves the hassle of being constantly trolled and having to block uncounted masses of fucktards.

Not to mention my (real life) stalker. ✌

• That makes sense now.
      Take care cheergirl :)

• πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘

• Why should they read a mytake they haven't asked for and even have to change their account settings for you? You could also just change your profile to public lmao.

You just want to message them and send unsolicited nudes like all the pervs on here. So fuck off, creep! Smh

• Preach On Sista... πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»

• I am a Level 1 user, and I was directed to this. It was very useful.

• thanks... never even went into the settings. Everyone on here has been pretty helpful from what I've seen. Pretty rare on the interwebs LOL

• I have a feeling the people you are trying to filter out will not even read your request to read the take (LoL)

• That's OK. I can send them a link to the question. If they refuse to read it... thats on them ✌

• Nope, I'm Guru for now.

• I am not a level one or two user. what happened by the way?

• I have no idea what level I am I get blocked all the time they don't like anyone that's open on a straightforward and positive

• And Thankyou for that, followed you for about 5 minutes and you've already taught me something. Thanks lmao.

• I noticed a lot of people don't like being followed by level 1 or 2 users, because they're not really active and they think they're stalkers

• Hi I'm Kappa & I approve this message.

• level but i only follow people who follow me

• whats wrong, maybe they look up to you..

• maybe they should learn to read

• try again? what are you talking about that had nothing to do with what I was saying. I know how to make it private in fact, its been like that for ages but again, that wasn't my point, at all..

• I think you are just to angry to go about this logically, so im going to ho now.

• Yeah but that wasn't helpful.

• level 0

• Okay I have unchecked the box

What Girls Said 9