For how long does the average GAGer actually stay here?

That is, before deactivating their account or just never logging on again? Despite my rank, I've been here for a while, and I've seen lots of people come and go. Some stay just long enough to ask a few questions, and some remain for years.

Thoughts?

85

Most Helpful Girl

• It's difficult to say. Most users who deactivate eventually come back. I know quite a few who are back again and again lol

I created my first account 4 years ago and I've been back and forth ever since

Most Helpful Guy

• I think this is actually an excellent question.

I think Level 5 is where a lot peter out, and then most of those who get past that seem to lose interest at Level 7.

In terms of time, probably just a few months, on average.

All of this is sheer guesswork, though.

What Girls Said 7

• Hmm, maybe a year to three years?

• I come and go. I have to leave for long periods of time for my work, and that means shutting down from just about everything-online except for research just so I can focus. I think I spend maybe a few weeks on, a few months off or up to nearly a year off.

• I've been here since 2010, 7 years with this original account. Never deactivated once. I used to go through periods of inactivity but then the mobile app came out...

• I don't know, it becomes boring then it's fun again

• a few months

• I have been here 4 years with this account. Longer if you count the previous 2 accounts. I cancelled one account the 2nd was closed by GAG for some unknown reason which the admins couldn't answer why.

• my guess is 4 months to 1.5 years tops among active users

What Guys Said 4

• I haven't been able to get to lvl 6 and that's pretty much the reason I'm still around, have been using the app just for 2 months tho

• I'm only here for the memes.

• its been 3 days 🙋

• it's a resolving door, 12 months tops