Who checks their block lists regularly?

I get pissed off with writing the best opinion I can to a legitimate question, and finding, when I post it, I am blocked by the other person. I know a few other people that feel the same. All the blockers are doing is limiting their replies to a question. If I have blocked someone, I usually unblock them after a short period.

Being blocked does not in itself bother me. I could not give a toss. So what I am doing now is keeping my own paper list of people that have blocked me, so I will not waste time on them, and can better help people that do appreciate my efforts.

So, do you check your block lists regularly, or just block and forget?

1136

Most Helpful Guy

• Fortunately, I haven't been blocked by anybody yet, as far as I know. Yet, I have been blocked by people on other social media sites before. At first I'm like "What the hell!!" but after a little while I get over it. I don't block people on here, but on facebook where I block people sometimes. I tend to lose track and forget who I've even blocked.

• That is why I am glad GAGers each have a block list. So quick to check, in a few seconds.

• yeah my block list says (0) for all the categories. I don't think it shows me who has blocked me though.

• No, it does not. That is why I am making my own list whenever I find I am blocked.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't regret blocking the people's I have blocked right now. They can all burn in GaG hell. Oh wait, GaG it self is hell, I need to get out of here.

What Guys Said 35

• I only block spammers or people who are just outright trying to offend people- not people who just have a different opinion. Means I don't really think I need to check my block lists regularly.

• I never check

• so, what has checking your block list to do with the problem you describe?

also, you don't see questions of people you blocked or who have blocked you in the feeds, so that really shouldn't happen often

but to answer your initial question... the only times I check my list is on questions like "how many people have you blocked?".

• It does not stop me seeing posts from people that have blocked me. THAT is the problem! There is a setting that stops me seeing posts from people I have blocked, but not from people that have blocked me. This is why I am now keeping a paper list of people that I find have blocked me. There is no other way of finding out, AFAIK.

I wrote a detailed opinion to a question, and found I was blocked. Total feckin' waste of my time, and it just might have been of use to the asker.

• Never actually... I discovered some time ago that one lady blocked me, but I've never had a clue why.
    I discovered it when I wanted to answer one of her questions and couldn't.
    It was not a user I was close to so no idea what happened :o

• TBH I rarely block I just ignore - I find I am very bland so don't get blocked that often so it is not a problem for me

• I got a open door policy i don't block no one, i always welcome anyone
    who wants to follow me. I think it's horrible for people to block others
    hey life's too short for all of us.

• I block and forget. I can't be bothered. They'd REALLY have to piss me off for me to block someone though

• I rarely check it. If I check it, it's usually to see which people on my block list deactivated.

• I never had to block anyone... yet.
    But I probably would check on it depending on why I got blocked or I blocked them.
    I also am picky about certain topics so I don't start a fight with a keyboard warrior... like you. JK.

• I have 5 people on my blocklist, because I don't want to engage with them (mainly troll accounts). Besides right now to confirm that, I don't check my blocklist at all.
    I know I'm blocked by 2 people, but I can't be bothered to care.

• I've never really had cause to block people on here. It's just a question and answer site. It probably helps that I avoid any controversial questions, as well...

• No I don't block people. I didn't even know you can see the list lelz

• No i have never blocked anyone never will. Your just pathetic. Keeping a block list 😂😂😂

• Nope x

• i block the retards and forget.

• I never block people. I get blocked though.

• Fuck it , I'm a savager. Dog sent me to piss the world off!!

• Think I've only blocked one person

• Not me !! hardly do it !!

• No..

• I only block if I am sent lewd or offensive DMs...

• I just block and forget

• I don't care actually

• On the other hand, you could post the list in your profile, that's an easy way for you to check the names.

• not me

• Sounds like you take this website seriously

• i don't block people, i make others block me

• There's nothing to check.

• Never

• I block nobody.

• Only snowflakes block people.

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 10

• I block and forget honestly. Mosrly cuz the people I block are heinous worthless
    Pieces of doing. They only got on my block list by either threatening me or saying out of line sexual stuff. I only have like 5 n my block list that I've collected over a year. I've no intention of unblocking them.

• I do the same as you. I block for a short period and then unblock, depending on why I blocked them in the first place of course! And there's nothing more frustrating than writing a really good opinion and finding out you're blocked by the person! Making a list is actually quite a good idea!

• once a week or so

• I usually find out when I attempt to answer a question , that the user in regard has blocked me.

• This literally just happened to me.

• Iast time I checked I only had two people on my block list. I don't check regularly.

• Hi, ❤️ how do we email GAG? They took my post down again for duplicate reasons. But, this time it was not a duplicate?

• I've never blocked anyone nor have I come across users that havw blocked me

• I don't block anyone.

• I don't block people