How Do You Feel About Anonymous Posters?

I really wish the anonymous option was only available for question asking. It's irritating when people post hateful remarks behind anonymity. If you're gonna say it, own up to it!

If you are an anon poster, why do you do it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because I fucking can ok! My goodness, irritating the tits off people with stupid remarks and hiding your identity is what this site is about. Don't tell me you waste your time being completely straight all the time? Dude...

• I prefer to be straight. Keep it real.

And no it's not? Lol. It's about connecting with people and helping each other out.

I don't know, I just prefer to be an honest person. Even if I am doing something wrong, I prefer to own up to it. My pastor knows about most of the stuff I do. Keeps you down to earth.

• You're speaking pretty presumptuous, so I'm gonna end the convo.

• I'm speaking absolute garbage so yes you were right to end the convo, but you haven't, I'm making the final remark therefore I end the convo with this...

Most Helpful Girl

• I post most sexual opinions anon because I don’t like the creepy responses, messages and follows if I don’t

• That's different. That's not being an asshole and running away :/

• It just seems like a waste of time...

• Thanks for MHO 😊

What Guys Said 29

• No matter how social a person may be, keeping your activities secret will help ensure that you have a spic and span reputation online. You show people what you want them to see, and still have your dignity and reputation intact. However, with the rise of Internet and social media, it is already difficult to protect your identity and stay anonymous.

Even if you use an alias, you are not sure if your identity is protected from theft, bullying, and other harmful Internet effects. While anonymity made people speak out without fear of the repercussions their actions will make, it is not enough to protect yourself from Internet crimes. As long as you are active online, thieves can use your identity to commit crimes.

Experts at data manipulation (a. k. a. Hackers) can have a number of fake identities and expertly gain access to other people’s online data. Since no one knows who they are as they use fake passwords, accounts, and names, they can create numerous Internet crimes, such as bullying, racism, impersonation of people and stock market manipulation.

If you believe using an alias online can protect you from hackers, you are wrong. Your digital footprint can easily be deconstructed and sensitive information you thought you were protecting can be traced back to you. Hackers can hack into your account and find out your real identity — especially if you have more than two accounts.

They will use the newly acquired identity to commit crimes, possibly destroying your identity and your reputation.

Why does this happen? Well, the Internet has recorded and archived your real profile already. You already established your real identity the moment you started using the Internet. You may use aliases and different usernames in forums and blogs, but you still have your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. Hackers can easily identify you with these social media accounts, especially if they are connected to your aliases. No matter how anonymous you are, there is a big chance you will become a victim of identity theft.

I rarely use Anonymous mode.

• i think anonymity is good in some cases where someone is saying something very personal they may not want associated with them

i agree i dislike anonymous posters who seem to do it so they can just spew hate

• Not needed on here. You're anon anyway.

Sometimes I feel like trolling but it's more amusing when you troll under a known name. Doing it anon cheapens the effort.

• It's fine. Probably a lot of them do it so they don't get harassed for being so offensive just for existing. I know I offend people just by being a straight White Christian man that doesn't do drugs, drink alcohol, and doesn't agree with hook ups/ONS.

• Oh god, I am so offended by the fact you live your own independent life regarding your own morals... I'm gonna hide my name and bash you like a hipocrite

• Plenty of times in the past when I made a post that included those opinions, there were complaints.
      Like, on one, a girl got drunk and hooked up with a guy and regretted it because the guy she started dating a day or two later didn't want someone that did hook ups. Then when I recommended to not drink alcohol as a possible solution she got mad, saying she doesn't do hook ups and I shouldn't tell her not to drink.
      Many people get upset if I say hook ups are immoral. The same goes with people that do drugs, or use it for an excuse for their actions.
      And Christians get plenty of hate on here every week for the last couple months. Christian views are consistently insulted and mocked.

• I figure if people are posting a question about it, they're not looking for reproof and I leave them alone. I am a Christian (maybe not the best, but I still believe I am one because I do care about Christ and my fellow man), but I generally leave people alone. Don't cast your pearls before swine. If people open themselves up to correction, they can suck it up.

• It is like a lot of things there are good anons and bad anons - I try not to invest that much in bad anons because they are not worth it.

• I think Anonymous feature has been abused on this site
    i believe a certain level should be allowed to use the anonymous
    feature such as level 7 and higher. There is people coming on here
    and are level 1 using the anonymous feature they get a answer
    to their question or they do a certain amount of spamming or
    trolling than they leave so yes there should be restrictions on
    it some what.

• Yep i agree, accountability is the only thing that keeps people from being savages.

• They're scared of their own shadow and hide behind anonymity. Kinda like ANTIFA fags.

• I ask questions in a state of anonymity all the time, to not be judged, and so that I get honest answers.

However, I rarely comment in a state of anonymity. I usually just forget to select anonymous... Besides, I am not a person to post hateful things, but rather just post things that are usually anodyne, if not helpful.

• Most people don't have the balls to own the sht they say so... yeah

• them insecure nerds lmao

• That's because they're pussies hiding behind the monitor

• Drives me crazy

• I think its good in principal but people abuse it

• Don't worry I make sure I post my hateful remarks in full identity, come at me

• Yea some like to troll around like that.

• Pansy *ss keyboard bullies. Simple answer... just ignore them

• I do. Just thought I'd post this and see what kind of responses I get. I've gotten some pretty decent answers for going anon.

• I usually post anon so that I don't feel the backlash of my opinions on sensitive or sexual topics

• Just report hateful remarks

• That's not the point. It's the principle. Do they not have enough dignity to own up to what they're saying?

• Your name is Watercolor Lions?

• I don't post my legal name so people can't physically hurt me. But anyone can message me. Anyone can block me. Anyone can dislike me. I can own up to my opinion on here.

What is so scary about people disagreeing with you and blocking you, or arguing? Or even just disliking you? I figured the vail of the internet would be enough for that. But now people need extra protection from even the most remote disapproval? Damn, that's sad.

• Scum.

• It's fine

• Most of them are scum, and they like being scum, they even defend it

• To avoid people following you. that way they can't mass report your opinions if they don't like one of them.

• I totally hate it when people post anonymously. I mean whats the point. These are strangers anyways.

• The anonymous feature is great because you can say whatever the fuck you want. People not going anon are on PC-mode which is rather annoying, stupid, boring and pretentious.

• I have a habit of being anonymous more often than not just because I'm a private person and honestly I'm a little paranoid. I'll also do it if I have an unpopular opinion, or if it looks like the kind of thing where people will message me about it. I disapprove of using anonymity to be hateful, but I disapprove of doing it under your own username as well. The way I see it, we're all anonymous here anyway.

• I don't deliberately post hateful remarks, but I accept that this is the internet and anything goes. I would at least like people who are gonna pick a fight to own up to it. I don't have a problem with anonymity if they're not attacking people. Online harassment sucks, and nobody should be hassled for having a controversial opinion.

• You're absolutely right. I try to think about the consequences of what I say, but I know a lot of people don't care.

• This post isn't offensive in any way! hands off my freedom of speech! #protest!

• You mad bro?

• I go anon simply so if someone tries to discuss with me they can, and nobody has to be afraid of blocking each other to stop the debate.

• Interesting perspective. Yeah, I hate when people simply block to end convos. But it also makes me laugh because that is basically forfeiting 😂

What Girls Said 6

• I don't mind them usually. However, yes, the trolls that use the anonymous feature ruin it for everyone else unfortunately.

• I turn of the anon opinions if I don't want to see any on my question. It doesn't bother me that much, maybe because only mean things I've experienced here weren't from anonymous users. But since users here can already make themselves pretty anonymous except their username, it's a bit unnecessary.

• It gets annoying at times. I feel anons should get less privileges on the site. I get if someone really has a legitimate reason to be anon but people that are too chicken shit because they want to talk shit. That's annoying.

• Ah yeah, its so brave of me to let you see my girlsaskguys profile which contains literally no personally identifiable information :P :P

I made an answer about this a long time ago, lemme try and find it:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2045740-i-don-t-get-it-why-exactly-do-you-ask-question-as-anonymously-or

People who can 'see without being seen' is a frequent frustration; why, I wonder?

• It's not about seeing the profile. It's about allowing conversation to flow. So many people can't handle being blocked or argued against. I just think it's stupid to post hateful comments if you don't have the balls to let people disagree with you.

• In many cases I just wonder why they go anon at all? Like, what's the point? It's not like you're asking anything that could even be considered remotely embarrassing...
    If it's something actually embarrassing I just shrug it off. Not my cup of tea (I lack modesty. I don't even remember the last time I felt embarrassed/ashamed), but if that's what they wanna do. I don't care.

• *insert hateful comment here