Don't you think GAG should add a "Race" category?

I've been seeing a lot of posts on here about race and those are the ones that I'm most interested in reading and answering but I'm always missing them. I feel like it's a controversial enough topic.

416

What Guys Said 16

• Hell fucking no.

The best way to eradicate the race issue is to accept that there is no such thing as race. People who define themselves by their race need to completely stop doing so immediately.

There is no such thing as 'black' or 'white'. Only mega-idiots (like Chris Rock if we're talking celebrities) who insist on enforcing the stereotypes. If dark-skinned people especially, stop stereotyping themselves by listening to hip-hop and thinking theyre cool, they might actually blend in to the point where there is no basis for any distinction.

The only difference between light-skinned and dark-skinned people in Britain and America today, is that light-skinned people aren't trying to identify as 'white'.

In fact, some of the most 'successful' dark-skinned people (Hendrix, Kenny Baron, Obama, Tiger Woods etc) were successful exactly because they didn't 'try to be black'. Race isn't an issue unless you make it one. Be colourblind.

• There is no race on a genetic level. It's true. But you basically just said "all non whites, act white and it's all good." That's not good. I was getting ready to try and reason it all out but I came to way too many layers to type and I'm not trying to write a book right now. Though there are books about this very topic!

• Im white.

• Absolutely not. Being told I have 'white privilege'' out of assumption of my race and having my opinion on certain issues assaulted because of it alone is irritating enough - we don't need racial labels on our profiles to make their jobs easier. If someone wants to share how they happen to look then that's on them todo it voluntarily

• Whoops, completely misinterpreted the question. The answer is still ''no'', though

• No, this is Girls ask guys, not blacks ask whites. Besides It's in the "society and politics" catagory already.

• In theory it should be a very interesting topic but it reality it would be a hornets nest attracting many negative users plus passions may run too high for any constructive discussion.

• that is an absolutely horrible idea

• No, that sounds like a terrible idea actually. Just sounds like a place for bitter people to brag about their races accomplishments or shame others for their race flaws. I mean personally I find the topic of race to be boring and counterproductive.

• No !! Too much focus on race & other divisions as it is !!

• i think the human race is the only race on this planet capable of reading/writing English so it would be moderately redundant

• Yeah and we all know if cats could type they would just talk shit about humans.

• No that would add fuel to fire, racism is already a big issue on the site besides race falls under society and politics catergory already

• Yes, there are too many race questions on here...

• I would appreciate it. I can then do the same as to the "how I look"-category. Block it.

• Yep, then I can ignore those questions.

• That's racist. *triggered*

• Nope. Not needed

• Nah, people get too stupid when race is involved. Leave it out.

• There is only one race the human race. Anyone who says otherwise is racist.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, but I don't think they like those questions because they delete half of them

• No. There would be far too much ignorance going on and a lot of arguments. The anon posts would be ridiculous.

• No, there can be good discussions about race, but a dedicated category would become a hotbed of bigoted opinions.

• covered in the "society" section

• No, they have a bunch of other stuff in that category that I mostly am not interested in.