Is this site accurate?

Do you think the opinions on this app are a good representation of the population or does volunteer bias play too strong a role.

37

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people try to give advice, some are blunt and tell you what you need to hear, most people are trolling.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd take things that are stated on here with a grain of salt. There are a lot of opinions added, which is what this site is mainly for. However, many users are biased and/or jaded as well.

What Guys Said 6

• Volunteer bias is definitely skewing things. You need a random sample, not a self-selecting one to get a true representation of the population.

Certain elements are heavily over-represented on this site.

Excellent question by the way - a lot of people don't get this at all.

• This answer could be biased so... I really don't know. My opinions are a bit out there, so I probably don't represent the average guy. But I always try to answer honestly.

• I think it's biased by the people who are awake during specific times, using the app and able to afford smartphones.

• This site isn't accurate than 60%...

• Everyone has a bias. I base any information I give on logical aspects of a male and female side.

• In way but it’s biased in a way because its the type of person that would engage on a site like this that you’re getting opinions from so it’s really hard to say

What Girls Said 2

• No its not a good representation of the population. Nor does it need to be, its not a research tool. That doesn't mean you won't occasionally come across people with helpful ideas or thoughts.

• I get that I just see a lot of comments and think " there's no way this many people think that" but like you said it's entertainment not research.

• I don't think it's accurate