How many G@Gers do you think are sociopaths or narcissists?

General percentage? I'd say a fairy decent chuck. At least 30-40%. At least the most vocal ones. Do you think this is a problem with online types? I don't mean people who have a normal mix of both an online and offline life but those who spend most of their leisure time online. Exploring this place, 'human behavior forums', Reddit, and the like...

710

What Guys Said 10

• Whatever the incidence of these personality disorders is, in society as a whole, multiply that figure by two or three for G@G.

It's a great environment for them - anonymous, and less chance of being picked up by their various visual cues, and other giveaways.

• There's a question in the feed everyday in which users complain about how shit of quality the gag community is. We all already know this website is mostly comprised of socially inept dorks for the most part lol. I'm here for the entertainment value and a couple of other users that I've met on here.

• I think it's just easier or more likely for people to appear that way online. I doubt there is some huge amount. It's perfectly reasonable that the percentage would be different than in the general population though. No idea how you could ever test it.

• I think everybody who posts stuff anonymously

• bingo, i agree...

• Yeah. Hence why they are so high and night on here

• Mighty* not night

• Sociopaths? Probably none

• People on here might be lonely or seeking validation, bored or trying to understand the opposite sex, but narcissistic? No I don't think so.

• Many people vent things online that they cannot do IRL. I dont think they are over represented here - it's just that they are nore vocal.

• Really? I consider myself unbiased for my ability to look at things from multiple sides.

• The two things are not connected. I was talking about empathy to be clear.

• I personally think everyone has bit of sociopath and narcissism within them.

• More narcismiths than sociopacks.

• Very few,
    I think you'll find people are better at talking about it than actually doing it

What Girls Said 7

• about 25% but are fun to interacting with

• Maybe. There definitely are some fucked up people here. Some people just want to blow off some steam, but some people really have crazy thoughts.
    The other day I saw this guy who wanted to mutilate his future wife by performing female circumcision to prevent paternity fraud.
    I do think you're crazy then.

• WTF that is disturbing.

Plus how would it prevent paternity fraud?

• Yup. And funny thing is that a lot of them complain about not being able to find girls to date them but they don't realize they are digging themselves deeper into a hole by being sexist.

• Yes it's a vicious circle where they got rejected once, can't handle that, become bitter and make themselves even more unattractive to women and then get rejected even more.

• It’s so easy to express yourself on line. I’ve noticed a lot of very vocal opinions. Rude people. It makes me wonder if it’s a show or are they showing their true colors. Makes me look at the public different.

• Yeah me too. I look at people IRL and I wonder "What do you REALLY think?"

• Pff. That's so dumb. People on this app are just trolls, don't take them seriously 😑 try Whisper. That app is for sure really full of retarded people and rape lovers.

• Some of them

• I have no idea, I honestly stay away from people like that.

• I'm more of a 4Chan /pol/ kinda girl myself. Love me some Alt-Right, Chad Nationalism, Weaponized Autism and Fashy Goys.

• I'll be honest, I only know what one of those things are.

• If you are interested in observing online culture, the /pol/ thread on 4Chan is the center of internet culture right now. You can find it easily if you search for /pol/. The format is similar to Reddit, in fact the community started because they were banned from Reddit. "Pol" stands for "politically incorrect".