What is up with anons being really rude some times?

1018

What Guys Said 18

• goes with the territory. there is a place for anon to try to deal with an issue they are embarrassed to divulge publicly by using their identity. but most use it to attention seek or troll

• It's easier for anons to be rude than for them to do it with their username. Sort of a double anon

• They know that the anon feature protects their identity so they know they have nothing to lose. It’s cowardice basically, they don’t have the courage to openly voice their “strong opinions”.

• Just enjoy their BS

• I think some people flip anon on when they want to be rude.

• Welcome to the internet, you must be new, take this cat with a space helmet as your guide, now seriously some just use to discharge frustration or anger, others really just give a real opinion as harsh it may be but feel that people will just judge them for being honest

• The lack of accountability has them believing they can be abusive or rude and get away with it.

I believe that if a comment is listed as anon, and gets flagged, the system will still attach that too the actual account, even if you don't know who that is.

• Anons are good

• Anonymity makes them badasses. That way they can say whatever they want with no retaliation. They would never say what they say, face to face

• Cuz why the phuck not? I think it is is because we need a release from everyday life evey now and then. Place where we can be our true selves and just not care. Sometimes people are just in a bad mood which leads to the words they spill. I for one like being honest, and the truth doesn't always sound nice.

• Anons are nice

• Because they think that since they go anon, they are safe to be as rude as they like. But you can still report them all the same and they will still get banned.

• They called anons this is the answer people who can get away with doing shit will do a lot of shit

• It's an online forum so people will hide to act rude welcome to GAG

• They have little to no repercussions

• Being Anon leaves you with no backlash. Are you dumb?

• Because we can

• I know, giving us a bad rep -_-

What Girls Said 10

• They're anonymous so they have the power to say whatever they want without being held accountable so they know that it won't matter if they're rude. Being rude is the main reason why people use the anonymous thing it would seem

• They are like that because no one knows who they are and they are scared. Like get some balls and just post. I don’t even get mad when people speak their minds when they aren’t hiding being the anon mask. I will respect them and just agree to disagree. Keep it movin.

• They think anon = no consequences for their actions.

• They are probably just people who have a strong opinion but don't want to say it to your face

• Because they can but it doesn't mean that they should

• Because they are hiding behind their screen. Stupid keyboard warriors.

• It has nothing to do with being anon. Rude people are always rude.

• I used it to flip on dickheads befors but usually I want them to remember my ugly face when I'm angry

• They're too lame to say it with their account on display. They obviously can't stand behind their words.

• lol they are scared to show they really are