Do you think the g@g community is a good representation of the general population?

As in: the poll results on g@g are similar to the results you'd get if you asked everyone from the countries that most g@g-ers are from (the first world)

• Yes, I think the g@g community is a good representation of the general population
  • No, I don't think the g@g community is a good representation of the general population
  • I think the g@g community is a good representation of the general population on polls with 100+ answers
    Vote C
  • I think the g@g community is a good representation of the general population on polls with 1000+ answers
    Vote D

1422

What Girls Said 14

• Websites like this always attract a certain type of people more than others, so no. I don't think the GaG community is a good representation of the general population, because the percentages of different people doesn't represent the general public, it's skewed.

• Hell no. Not even close.

• Statistically, it should be on 1000+ answers, but after being here for a while, there's a lot of people, (mostly men in my experience) that come here (for their whatever reasons) from India, Pakistan, Jordan, and so many other places that may eschew a real normal distribution.
    More over, there is no way to scrap (so far, I am not aware of any usable API for GaG) the data in order to take those outliers off the distribution.
    (Geek answer)

• There are far too many “all mooslims are evul terrists we shud kull dem lyk Dey kull us” type of people here to be anything approaching the general population.

• No not at all. This site is solely for entertainment

• Absolutely not.
    Some of the peoples points of views on here are very unusual, they attract a certain type of people, apparently me being one of them lol.

• G@G is conservative heavy. Take most polls with a grain of salt.

• Based on the political polls I've done, it seems like the g@g demographic is leaning more towards the left

• @StarLord1 Uh no. The shit that stays up about women, queer people, and trans people is disgusting.

• @UsernameMadness Now you know why people say liberals and conservatives are in different worlds

• LMAO no, but it's fun here

• Not sure because there are so many people around the world with different opinions and depends on questions.

• I don't believe. But it does help to get insights!

• The community is bad, but I love having fun here.

• I'm horny baby come and sit on my lap.

• No, most people in real life aren't so extreme.

• The poll result is hilarious.

What Guys Said 22

• I don't feel that GaG would be an accurate representation of the general population because you would be missing a large part of the demographic, including the elderly and children. Those could be very important influencers on a given poll. Besides which, people on GaG will often partake in a poll just to be facetious or to troll. People are less likely to do that in a offline poll, they would more likely just abstain. So the results are more likely to be falsely skewed on a site like this.

• further more you have to wonder how many people actually know about and participate on this app because it's probably a very tiny number

• I think the G@G population has an over-representation of sexually inexperienced users, an over-representation of people who want to pursue casual sex, and a very definite over-representation of young people.

• Absolutely not at all.

It's a self selecting sample, and it is weighed towards a pretty youthful demographic, with certain personality traits heavily over-represented.

• Only on certain thinks do I think that.. Like maybe some racial subjects.. But in general.. Hell naw.. LOL.. Social media forum sites get a lot of weird people on them..

• No. I feel like half of these people don't even go outside lol

• Honestly, it's making me think that Latinas and Indian girls are in fact very open sexually. Latinas, maybe. But I know for sure not Indian girls. I think it's creating generalized stereotypes of certain groups, because there is a specific "group" of people on GAG.
    So to answer your question, NO

• G@G is a fairly small community but it does show give a good idea of people’s attitudes towards many topics.

• mostly young and mostly American so im sure that they think they represent the rest of us but in reality its not a full picture at all. i mean china is fucking huge but they aren't even allowed access

• yes and no- it is certainly consistent with the rampant hysteria. although it is way hysterical on here

• The males and females on this site are typically respectful and helpful. All my life experiences says that this is in no way representative of how most guys and girls are irl

• They can be even more polite because of the regulations on this site. But the passive aggressiveness is real from some ladies here

• I have a pretty good picture of GAG Male and he's in no way typical of the population. GAG Female, I'm not so sure.

• I would agree with this I seem to be one of only a few males on here that have a decent amount of life experience, and a healthy, balanced, in judgmental thought process

• Not a perfect represantation but at least it can be a clue about it.

• No, there'll be different results everywhere.

• No. Not everyone uses the internet.

• Nope Lol

• Not really. Sort of. It depends on the people that would gag usually attract on a regular basis. And also out of those people what "types" would participate the most.. In my opinion a website will usually attract "a type" and those type will give the website it's personality. But there are always exceptions as well. For example the "oddballs" with reply's that you do not see on a consistent basis - He or she is on the website and a constant participant but not the cliche type of participant that you would usually expect. He or she maybe rare on this site but perhaps not so rare within the world. So to answer your question - "sort of".

• Hell no.

I have never seen a forum in my life were women were so clueless about men!

• I highly doubt it since it’s mostly Virgins on here