How many of you look at someone's profile/summary before messaging them on this site?

Way too often I'm messaged by some random person, normally someone I haven't talked to much. Normally, they ask me things about me that I have on my summary page. And often I'm hit on by some guy or they ask me out. ... Despite the fact my profile says that I'm a lesbian and I have a girlfriend.
I'm genuinely curious how many people look at them first.

• I always look at someone's profile/summary before messaging them.
  • I usually look at someone's profile/summary before messaging them.
  • I rarely look at someone's profile/summary before talking to them.
    Vote C
  • I never look at someone's profile/summary before talking to them.
    Vote D
  • I didn't know that people had a profile/summary!
    Vote E
  • I'm too low level to message someone
    Vote F
  • I don't message anyone.
    Vote G

619

Most Helpful Guy

• I always look at the profile. Many times I receive messages from fake people ( boys who describe themselves as girls or catfishes) it gets very easy to decide after looking at their profile

• I know. I mean, I check people's profiles after they message me. There was this 'girl' who clearly wasn't a girl. I mean, 'she' mentioned some things that a girl would not ever say. ... Like her cup size. And 'she' was trying way too hard to seem like a girl. I directly asked if 'she' was a boy. He directly said 'How did you know?'
      Unless you're questioning your gender or roleplaying, I don't get why anyone would do that.

• 4h

Thanks for MHO :)

• 4h

No problem!

What Guys Said 18

What Girls Said 6

• I rarely message anyone but if I do, I always check out their profile. I also look at the profiles of people who message me.

• Maybe about 30% of the time. Depends on the question and how persistent they are.

You know why men message you even though your profile says lesbian? Because they assume you're not a lesbian no matter how much you put it on there and men are natural challengers. They see a female and their brain automatically triggers to I wonder if this woman may be interested in me. they will assume they may be the one that hinders you being a lesbian and think that every girl likes men in some form.

Honestly, I don't trust when people say they are lesbian because I don't care how much they claim to be a lesbian. If a male with a great body were to show it off and you were put your vagina to a plethysmograph and measure arousal to some men of various ages, you will show some attractions. You can say you won't but you will.

I had male friends of mine who said they were homosexual and I challenged them to put their penis to a plethysmograph and it would show arousal to females of various ages and they did show increased arousal in the early fertile ages of women more so than other ages. It may be less arousal than to women for them but there were some there. Randomness is not an excuse and these men had no medical problems or sleep issues that inhibit results. The accuracy rate of these test is about 94% accurate. Enough to establish a pattern. The odds of 3 taking this test and having wrong results for all 3 is 216 in a million. So yeah, the greater the number, the more it will get most right.

• It depends. If I get a pervy message I'll go see how old they are before I decide if I'll respond or not.

• When I get a pervy message, I play dumb. You should try it, it's really funny watching them get frustrated.

• I just play dumb for as long as I can. It's quite funny.

• Doing that means you waste their time and get a laugh out of it too.

• I don’t message anyone.

• I don't message anyone.

• i always look