Don't you think, MHOs are getting biased?

Well, most people are selecting Mhos of the ones they know instead of the better opinions.
While, most users aren't giving Mhos which leaves for G@G to decide and, they aren't always right.
It's not a rant but, do you agree?Don't you think, MHOs are getting biased??
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
    Vote C

1411

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that when the system auto-selects MHO, the primary basis for its selection is Xper level. This means that it's not always going to choose the "best" opinion, because having a high Xper level doesn't necessarily mean that you're the best opinion-giver--after all, the easiest way to accumulate Xper points is simply through having a large QUANTITY of opinions rather than high quality opinions.
    Is that fair? No, probably not.
    Is that biased, though? Well, technically not, because it's using the same criteria on EVERYONE, for every question--ergo, you can't accuse the system of favoritism.

When users select MHO, yeah, there is definitely a bias, but that's to be expected. I've noticed that user-selected MHO is based primarily on 1) whether the opinion agrees with/supports the asker's view, and 2) the opinion-giver's relationship to the asker (more familiarity = increased likelihood of the opinion being selected).

When I select MHO, I do it based on who provided the most in-depth and insightful answer. I don't do it based on whether I know them or whether I agree with them; I go strictly by the quality of their argument and the amount of thought it looks like they put into their answer.

TLDR: Yeah, I agree with you. System is a bit unfair; users are a bit biased.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Possibly some. And some other times for really helpful opinions too

We have to remember that real people are connecting behind these screens, People that still operate under real life social dynamics
    We trust more when we develop a connection with somone. You can Experience empathy, lotalty, trust, commitment... even virtually

Ya interesting observation
    I wonder if we can some how create a very realistic virtual hub where we can project ourselves into that world
    ... essentially you can be with anyone around the world anytime lol

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE