Don't you think, MHOs are getting biased?

Well, most people are selecting Mhos of the ones they know instead of the better opinions.
While, most users aren't giving Mhos which leaves for G@G to decide and, they aren't always right.
It's not a rant but, do you agree?Don't you think, MHOs are getting biased??
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Maybe
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that when the system auto-selects MHO, the primary basis for its selection is Xper level. This means that it's not always going to choose the "best" opinion, because having a high Xper level doesn't necessarily mean that you're the best opinion-giver--after all, the easiest way to accumulate Xper points is simply through having a large QUANTITY of opinions rather than high quality opinions.
    Is that fair? No, probably not.
    Is that biased, though? Well, technically not, because it's using the same criteria on EVERYONE, for every question--ergo, you can't accuse the system of favoritism.

When users select MHO, yeah, there is definitely a bias, but that's to be expected. I've noticed that user-selected MHO is based primarily on 1) whether the opinion agrees with/supports the asker's view, and 2) the opinion-giver's relationship to the asker (more familiarity = increased likelihood of the opinion being selected).

When I select MHO, I do it based on who provided the most in-depth and insightful answer. I don't do it based on whether I know them or whether I agree with them; I go strictly by the quality of their argument and the amount of thought it looks like they put into their answer.

TLDR: Yeah, I agree with you. System is a bit unfair; users are a bit biased.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Possibly some. And some other times for really helpful opinions too

We have to remember that real people are connecting behind these screens, People that still operate under real life social dynamics
    We trust more when we develop a connection with somone. You can Experience empathy, lotalty, trust, commitment... even virtually

Ya interesting observation
    I wonder if we can some how create a very realistic virtual hub where we can project ourselves into that world
    ... essentially you can be with anyone around the world anytime lol

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• "and they are not always right"
    Who are you to decide who is right?
    And how do you know which mho is given from gag or the question owner if it's not your question?
    People are free to give mho to whoever they want based on their reasons
    If I don't see even one interesting opinion, I would prefer to give mho to a friend than complete stranger

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, they aren't.
      I right the best I can. So, in my opinion, I'm right.
      It always shows, your opinion was selected as an Mho. That means, the person forgot to select it or, didn't select it.
      Gag gives random Mhos to all.
      Yeah, it's upto their choice but, I believe it's a lot biased.
      I try to give it to the best one. Most of the times, the opinions aren't interesting in my opinion.
      And, if I post an interesting opinion on your question, could I expect a Mho or, you'll preferably give it to your friend?

• Okay, from your perspective you are right but since the question owner hasn't choosed so gag choose and from their perspective it's the right opinion or they simply don't care but we can only assume that

If i find it intesting enough for mho I will give it to you rather to my friend on gag because it wouldn't be fair in my opinion
      But if somebody do otherwise then okay, who am I to tell them what to do

• Yeah, true.☺☺

• They have always been biased and always will be biased.

0|2
    0|0
  • i find is not biased and based on opinion not who commented. you are ranting

0|0
    0|1
    • Well, can couldn't prove your claims could you?
      And, you won't be getting a Mho on this one that's for certain.
      How many times have you wrote a good opinion and, a shitty one liner from someone else got it. And, there are some people who give Mhos mutually to each other. You have been here longer than me so, you should know or, you can't acknowledge that.

• Show All
    • you have same mho rating as me

• Yeah, but that doesn't prove who writes better opinions since, the users here are too naΓ―ve.
      Well, I have got a follower who has 50% plus mhos and, he writes crap.
      I don't agree with you but, you don't right crap.

• Most Of Em Pick Not The Ones That Actually Give Proper/Helpful Advice But The Ones That Agree With What The Asker Is Saying/Argueing About.

0|1
    0|0
  • Must be because I just got like 8 most helpful opinion notifications and I'm an asshole

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah they actual are. However , if they give good advice then there's no problem

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont know anyone so I choose the ones i like

1|2
    0|0
  • I have always thought the MHO system was goofy

0|1
    0|0
  • sometimes

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, GaG is not biased, but some users are, usually those who are pro-nazis/fascists, racists, religious freaks, nationalists, imperialists, lgbt activists, liberal fanatics, ethnic extremists, mgtow, feminazis who pretend to be feminists, and Stalinists who falsely call themselves "communists". There are some others, but these are the most common biased people on the internet, not just on the GaG, we can find them on Facebook, Youtube or any other popular site.

0|2
    0|1
  • I choose them by not considering who shares it

0|1
    0|0
  • Its true
    Sometimes I'm selected as an mho when I'm anonymous maybe because they think I am still someone they know πŸ€•

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Who cares about MHO? If that's why you are answering questions then that says a lot about the kinda person you are

1|0
    1|1
  • Well that's life actually. People give mho to people they know better

0|1
    0|0
  • i jeed more people to raise mine up higher then it is lol I've been stuck at the rate for over a month or more

0|0
    0|0
  • I never gave anyone a mho
    is this bad?

1|0
    0|0
    • Then, the site selects any random ones. And, you don't get two xper points.

• Yes...

0|1
    0|0
  • I choose at random.

0|0
    1|1
  • Don't Care

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah MHO's is biased sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some are

0|0
    0|0
  • Who helped you most gets the MHO.
    I don't know anyone here still I am getting 18 % MHO.
    SO I DON'T think people gives MHO to those whom they know

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes