Do you think anyone actually reads the site guidelines before posting?

Do you have any suggestions on improving the visibility of key posting rules? Maybe when you click submit on your question it could say "Is this a request for dating, for friends, for contacts, for chat, or a photo of your penis?". If they click yes it terminates their account. If they click no it terminates their account anyway, for lying.

• Yes, of course
  • No, nobody bothers
  • I did, I read every word
    Vote C
  • I just posted my dick pic and hoped for the best
    Vote D
  • There are guidelines?
    Vote E

1612

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah I don't think a lot of users realise there's a FAQ page and some guidelines to follow.
    Usually new users join GAG by installing the app, they don't even know there exists a website.

But what you suggested might be a good idea to implement.
    Like how GAG has "hints" when you're posting a myTake, maybe they could give similar hints while asking a question/poll?

HINT: Make that Headline SHINE!
    ( Please add enough details to your question so that people can help you. We allow 2000 words in details!! :) )

HINT: OMG, please no “WoT" (Wall of Text) Syndrome
    ( Don't overshare either. Relevant details are sufficient! :) )

HINT: Hey, trending is always good!
    ( Do come up with innovative & new questions. Although redundant dick questions are trending, we still want you to make new trends! :) )

HINT: Take a stance! Nobody likes wishy-washy. Be firm!
    ( We'd love if you post only once a day in HDIL topic! :) )

HINT: Got some links?
    ( Share them freely! But remember this is not an adult site. :) )

HINT: We’re not grammar or punctuation Nazis, but…
    ( Please make sense and post in English! :) )

• HINT: Nobody wants to see your penis, it's ugly.

HINT: This is not a dating site, go to Tinder you pleb.

;)

• lmao, I am sure they will love my suggestions :P

• Absolutely. Your suggestions tend to be great. 😁

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you assuming some on here have the cranial capacity to be able to read?

If they can, adequately comprehend?

And here is me thinking you are one of the few clever ones ;)