Do you think anyone actually reads the site guidelines before posting?

Do you have any suggestions on improving the visibility of key posting rules? Maybe when you click submit on your question it could say "Is this a request for dating, for friends, for contacts, for chat, or a photo of your penis?". If they click yes it terminates their account. If they click no it terminates their account anyway, for lying.

• Yes, of course
    Vote A
  • No, nobody bothers
    Vote B
  • I did, I read every word
    Vote C
  • I just posted my dick pic and hoped for the best
    Vote D
  • There are guidelines?
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah I don't think a lot of users realise there's a FAQ page and some guidelines to follow.
    Usually new users join GAG by installing the app, they don't even know there exists a website.

But what you suggested might be a good idea to implement.
    Like how GAG has "hints" when you're posting a myTake, maybe they could give similar hints while asking a question/poll?

HINT: Make that Headline SHINE!
    ( Please add enough details to your question so that people can help you. We allow 2000 words in details!! :) )

HINT: OMG, please no “WoT" (Wall of Text) Syndrome
    ( Don't overshare either. Relevant details are sufficient! :) )

HINT: Hey, trending is always good!
    ( Do come up with innovative & new questions. Although redundant dick questions are trending, we still want you to make new trends! :) )

HINT: Take a stance! Nobody likes wishy-washy. Be firm!
    ( We'd love if you post only once a day in HDIL topic! :) )

HINT: Got some links?
    ( Share them freely! But remember this is not an adult site. :) )

HINT: We’re not grammar or punctuation Nazis, but…
    ( Please make sense and post in English! :) )

1|1
    0|0
    • HINT: Nobody wants to see your penis, it's ugly.

HINT: This is not a dating site, go to Tinder you pleb.

;)

• Show All
    • lmao, I am sure they will love my suggestions :P

• Absolutely. Your suggestions tend to be great. 😁

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you assuming some on here have the cranial capacity to be able to read?

If they can, adequately comprehend?

And here is me thinking you are one of the few clever ones ;)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• Lol, I did. I used to be a moderator on a different site before GaG and I have a habit of reading through rules carefully. I want to know to what I'm agreeing to and what kind of content I might experience. Also, I loved reporting stuff even when I wasn't a mod.

0|1
    0|0
  • Even if it did say that, I doubt it would make people pay attention. I know a site that says something like 'please respond with respect, no racism or threatening or vulgar language' but makes no difference.

0|1
    0|0
  • Until we develop a culture of people actually reading posts before commenting, I do not see a need to require people to read and understand the guidelines. The cart before the horse... so to speak...

0|1
    0|0
  • I suggested to Honeybee a while ago that when newbies ( Level 1 and 2 Xper ) log in, they should be taken to the FAQ pages first. They may not get read, but at least they would be known about.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've read them. I've actually read everything under the FAQ, lol. That's because I was pretty clueless when I first signed up on G@G. At first glance, it seemed like this site was just about one gender soliciting advice from the other when it comes to dating, relationships, sexuality, and stuff like that. But, after spending some time here, it became pretty clear that it's a lot messier than that, haha.

Anyway, I don't know whether most people read them. My guess would be that they don't, simply because the guidelines aren't easily (/at all?) accessible on the app version, and some people only use the app version. But, I feel like anyone with common sense doesn't need to read them; they're pretty much what you'd expect. People who lack common sense are going to have those rules fly over their heads, anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I think I must have before, but I have common sense anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Im sorry, but i have to say it. Your age says 102😂

0|1
    0|0

0|1
    0|0

0|1
    0|0
  • What are guidelines?