Should you be able to see who likes it dislikes your opinion?

It could give you an idea of why the person may be sending you a follow request.
  • Should you be able to see who likes it dislikes your opinion? Nope, no and never
    Vote A
  • Should you be able to see who likes it dislikes your opinion? I like yes
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's needed... it could lead to more angst than what it's worth, especially if someone just didn't like you or your posts and then you start to try and modify your language and wording to suit a particular person, instead of the faceless masses. It could also start a stream of messages and sub-threads to opinions, like, "wtf, @insert tag, why don't you like this? What's your problem?"

1|0
    0|0
    • but seeing the fights start would be hilarious.

• Show All
    • Yeah, true... that could work

• Thanks for mho :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• In an ideal world, every comment, whether it is a thumbs or not, can be known so people may form their own opinions, hopefully informed if they choose to look.

Most people do not want this, especially if it allows them anonymity when being negative.

Translation - most people are wimps and like it that way.

Sad but true. :(

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Undecided... I see where you're coming from, but I also think it might stir up quite a lot of bad feeling. Which could actually be amusing, depending on who gets triggered, and by what.

So, still undecided...

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the like functionality could do with something as at the moment, although I do use it, I actually don't really see the point of it.
    Also would be nice to be able to like an actual question, sometimes a question will come up that makes you think yeah that a good one, but you don't actually have anything to say in response. I'm thinking along the lines of the stack exchange websites where you can up/down vote questions and answers.

0|0
    0|0
    • You can like a question but only if you use GaG through your email, it looks completely different from the App.

• Aah ok, it's a pity that the app and the website don't offer the same functionality. I suspected as much as I discovered GaG via the app, and I see people ask a question and later update their question but that's not possible via the app either unfortunately.

• It really shouldn't matter but I think people should man up and stand by there words and not hide. Some people just don't care so not all anonymous people are hiding but I think it would make a difference if everything we said was in the public eye, people would think before they talk and watch what they say more.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, there is already enough irrational hysteria on GAG. This would multiply it by 100.

Also, the moderation of the site is questionable now. If this was a feature. It would go to Hell real quick

0|0
    0|0
  • I get notifications for the likes... not for the dislikes though.

0|0
    0|0
    • Most of the bullshit artists hide behind the 'anonymous' status to begin with, so I don't see how such a feature would help much.

• I don't mind as long as there is an option to turn it off. I wouldn't be interested in useless notification

0|0
    0|0
  • Too subject to abuse, which is probably why they don't allow it in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't care. They can express themselves if they wish, if not, no loss.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, already getting too many notifications...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, boo

0|0
    0|0
  • Could cause witch hunts

0|0
    0|0
  • It being optional is ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • YES!

0|0
    0|0
  • you usely can

0|0
    0|0
  • Borat!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, it's about WHAT they think, not WHO thinks.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

Recommended myTakes