How is MHO automatically selected by GaG?

What criteria determines if an opinion is automatically selected by GaG as MHO? Is it the number of likes? Or the number of replies it receives? I'm just curious.

Just to clarify: I know MHO can be chosen by the asker, but if they don't, the GaG system automatically chooses MHO. I am wondering how MHO is selected by the GaG system, not the asker.
FYI for those who don't know about auto-select MHO:

"If the Question Asker or myTake Owner does not select MHO for a gender within 30 days, the system will automatically choose one MHO for that gender. Selection criteria is based on several different attributes. The Question Asker or myTake Owner does not earn Xper points for these auto-selections but the Opinion Owner will earn +3 Xper points"

Most Helpful Guy

• Apparently it's the number of likes and MHO precentage are the biggest factors. I asked this before and thats what I learned.

• So you mean a person who has a higher MHO% would be more likely to have their opinion chosen by GaG then someone with a lower MHO%?

• Yeah. Although its not the only factor just a main one.

• I really wish GaG would tell us all the factors that determine MHO. I'm assuming it is all calculated by some sort of algorithm since it is automatically selected by the system.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi! The system-selected MHO's uses an algorithm that is based on engagement such as likes, replies, length, xper level, among other criteria. All of these different parameters are taken into consideration and then the system decides which one is more likely to be the "best."

Of course, sometimes this means a good opinion may not be chosen (or similarly, a not so helpful opinion is chosen) so we're always looking for ways to improve the way it works but that's also why we encourage everyone to select their own MHO's to ensure the selected MHO is really an Opinion you are satisfied with. :)

What Guys Said 8

• I always thought it was the question asker as i've selected mho for people. If it's also something else then I'd say that a staff member looks at it and the interaction between asker and opinion owner and compares it to others, then selects based on that

• MHO is told by how much helpful opinions the person receives. The Asker of the question selects an opinion that what the most helpful. And then it's determined through that.

• Again, I am aware MHO can be chosen by the asker, but if they don't, then the GaG system automatically choses one.

• If you know that then wtf are you asking.

• I really don't think you are understanding my question. I am asking about the GaG system and what criteria it uses to automatically select MHO. Is it based off of how many likes an opinion received, or how many replies it received, or something else, like the person's MHO%.

• I think the asker chooses. I get the notification that the asker has chosen my comment as most helpful. It'd be a bad idea to base it on how many replies a comment has, that's too easy to abuse what with the rolls and all

• Yes, the asker can chose, but if they don't, the GaG system automatically chooses one.

• Oh, cool! I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out. Thanks :)

• Welcome:)

• I've been randomly selected for opinions that have 0 likes, dislikes or replies

• Actually if asker doesn't select mho for his questions after 30 days then gag will choose Mho automatically

• yeah , i figured that too , i think it is completely random , lol

• they pretty much give it to their favorite little annoying trolls as often as they can

• It is selected by a nomination that goes through electercional detecting system which strive to keep up the community with two eggs and a glass of wine everyday! wait what :o sorry I rumbled
    It is by the moderators.

• I thought it was an automated system, based on some sort of algorithm.

What Girls Said 3

• Firstly by whichever answer greys the most up votes, If there aren't any, then whomever already has the highest MHO rate for the category the question is posted in, or the highest HMO count overs all. Beyond that if tie breakers are needed it's based on whichever user has been around longer and racked up more experience.

• FYI, I've answered this question before, and given the MHO by the site when they user didn't pick one, LOL

• Again, you are not reading my question. That is not what im asking. Please read my update.

• Sorry, that reply was made for another opinion.

• I think for me its the most helpful literally.

• However I've never seen GAG automatically select it.

• From GaGs FAQ:

The Question Asker or myTake Owner earns 1 Xper point for selecting MHO per gender. So they can earn up to 2 Xper points for selecting an MHO for each gender. The Opinion Owner awarded MHO earns 7 Xper points.

To be able to select MHO for your questions and myTakes, you must wait 24 hours after posting the question/myTake. If the Question Asker or myTake Owner does not select MHO for a gender within 30 days, the system will automatically choose one MHO for that gender. Selection criteria is based on several different attributes. The Question Asker or myTake Owner does not earn Xper points for these auto-selections but the Opinion Owner will earn +3 Xper points.

• they picked cutest girl