Do you block people who disagree with you on here?

I just got blocked by a user on a question after I disagreed with what she was saying and told her it was ridiculous. Normally I wouldn't care (and still don't really) except she purposefully did it after calling me a bitch and saying "If you got something else to say, say it. I'm waiting on you, not your hair line" so that I couldn't respond🤔. I've never actually had a reason to block anyone, but I don't really think that disagreeing with someone would ever cause me to use that function on a website that's about sharing opinions. What'd you guys think?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No, I block people for other reasons.
    Vote B
  • I don't block people at all.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• People who block people who disagree with them are simply creating their own personal safe space, an echo chamber, where nobody can ever disagree with them. Snowflakes, is what they are.

I block. I block catfish, because what is the point of getting the opinion of a 47 year old man, pretending to be a slutty 22 year old girl? Such an opinion is absolutely worthless, and I don't want them appearing in my questions.

But a different opinion, which I may not agree with, isn't necessarily worthless.

Block, but block with intelligence, say I.

2|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't block anyone just because they disagree with me. I will block whoever is mean and harassing.

2|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• I think that's loser-ish behavior. Not everyone is gonna agree with you. Everyone has personal thoughts, preferences, etc. If you can't accept it, don't post anything that could cause a disagreement.
    Now if someone offended you for no reason or keeps harassing you even after telling them to stop, that would be a legitimate reason to block someone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only block people if they are being very very rude, and only temporally.

In fact in two years I have only blocked a person once. Bleepasaurusrex or something like that.

1|0
    0|0
    • Must've really made an impression if you still remember the username😂.

• She was super mean on purpose.

But you know what's worse than a troll? A community manager.

• Me too, I get blocked by people who I prove wrong. They say some last insult and then block me out of spite.
    I just roll my eyes. If someone blocks you, it's a clear sign that they know you are right and are trying to muzzle you. Turn it into a positive.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't block people at all.

Wusses block people.

Why block a person? That person they blocked may be the one who could give them the best advice on a future question. Also, that person they blocked may be an experienced hacker and seek revenge by hacking their account for blocking them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll stop talking to people once I see that they're only interested in arguing and not actually having a discussion, but I've never felt the need to block. I don't even block feminists

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't block people for disagreeing. i don't need a safe space. i enjoy seeing dissenting opinions from mine

1|0
    0|0
  • I only block a person for two reasons. One is if they block me, the other is if they keep harassing me after I warn them.

I’ve been blocked by people who I’ve disagreed with on here.

1|0
    0|0
  • Blocking/ reporting people ( minus illegal stuff of course)
    I believe defeats the whole purpose of a forum like this. Its honestly sad that people do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • If people who block others for expressing their views became a country, they would be called "fascists" for a reason
    Always have an open mind to both sides of any argument

1|0
    0|0
  • She clearly over-reacted, which isn't too unusual. Apparently she objected to the term "ridiculous", which could have come across as negative and judgmental, but yeah. I would only block someone if we had exhausted all the possibilities of polite discussion. But this isn't the UN, you don't have to get along with everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Telling someone that what they're on about is ridiculous is not constructive. It is not surprising that she overreacted, she took it very personally.
    I don't block anybody, but I ignore anyone who drags a conversation down to a personal level.

0|0
    0|0
    • Her question was literally her being a troll and trying to appeal to all the people on here who feel like "fake feminists" are evil by equating them to rapists and child molesters. How is that not ridiculous? Also, that's not any kind of personal level in my opinion, but maybe that's because I'm not an overly sensitive person.

• Agree. So ridiculous that I doubt that she was a she. I ignoree them, they are unworthy of my time.

• I've only ever blocked two people and that was because they would not stop harassing me and trolling all of my posts.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't. Blocking is always a last option for me. I don't do it because I can!.

1|0
    0|0
  • Gods, no. They're either thought provoking, or idiots it's fun to puncture. Either way, i have fun...

1|0
    0|0
  • I block everyone I disagree with. Everyone. They are worthless.

0|0
    1|0
    • Damn, that's harsh😂.

• Show All
    • You're literally just mad because I'm not trying to argue with you and that's what you live for apparently. 🤡✌

• That's even funnier if you are serious 😂

• People are petty like that on here

i have a good idea of who it probably was too

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah i don't block people for that i actually never blocked anyone but i should 😝

1|0
    0|0
  • No but they certainly won't respond to friendly conversation anymore cough @pinay_ako

0|0
    0|0
  • I block people that block me

2|1
    0|0
  • Lol I replied to that thread

1|0
    0|0
    • You did! Her comments on it were removed, but I didn't report them so I guess someone else agreed with me🙄.

• Yea, they were childish about it. Sux people like that have to ruin it for everyone lol

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• I honestly do. There are certain people beyond stupidity (and repair) who I'd appreciate not seeing ever again. This includes people being condescending because of my age + gender ("stop that, little lady"), people who are hateful ("I don't accept Muslims"), who have no respectful opinions backed up by facts ("Yeah, but statistically, people lie about that."), immature people ("You fucking idiot you don't know your shit."), or try to validate something stupid.

1|0
    0|1
  • I only block people who are insulting and/or intrusive.

3|0
    0|0
  • No I don't block people. But I surely block people who are really creepy and pervs or ask obnoxious questions

1|0
    0|0
    • Fair enough.

• Section 66A of the Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008 prohibits the sending of offensive messages though a communication device (i. e. through an online medium).

Report it to Admins here.
      https://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/girlsaskguys

Contact our Community Manager @xHoneyxBeex

I had written few Takes on Cyberbullying and presented research papers in International Conferences. Such things aren't tolerated on GirlsAskGuys. Blocking is not Solution. Reporting is solution. They can't send to other girls.

• Thanks for the help

• I've yet to block anyone, I certainly wouldn't for a difference in opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's childish to block people just because they don't think the way you do.

1|0
    0|0
  • You got to love those who will insult you then block. I only block the odd creep.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I block people who harass me on here.

2|1
    0|0
    • Harassment is not permitted on GAG. Admins encourage all users to block anyone who is bothering them and REPORT their posts so they can be notified.

In case such posts aren't removed within contact our Community Manager @xHoneyxBeex

You can also contact them here.

We are here to help users. We are Volunteers. Harassment is not tolerated on @GirlsAskGuys

Since its inception, GirlsAskGuys has been featured on several outlets including Forbes, Huffington Post, Mashable, Business Journal. Killerstartups, CrunchBase, KSDK, and St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

• Thanks, but I'm a moderator, I'm aware of the rules.

• Hahaha. Lol We all face such issues. Thanks for Moderating GirlsAskGuys Community. Doing a great job.

• i blocked a user that judged me because of my age.

2|0
    0|0
    • I got blocked for the same reason.

• @douride2 if they were going to go as far as put a take for how people like me are not qualified for giving advice just because we didn't agree with them it annoyed me, id rather not deal with the person and instead give advice to those who want it

• No lol I'm not a sjw

1|0
    0|0
  • I've blocked some thirsty fucboys

2|0
    0|0
    • Since its inception, GirlsAskGuys has been featured on several outlets including Forbes, Huffington Post, Mashable, Business Journal. Killerstartups, CrunchBase, KSDK, and St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

GirlsAskGuys is caring community does not support malicious content, people come to GirlsAskGuys to get help, not to get hurt. This includes posts that would be considered offensive to either a large group of people or attacks aimed at other specific members on the site.

Report them to Admins.

You can contact our Community Manager.
      @xHoneyxBeex

Nude Sharing or Sexting is not permitted on @GirlsAskGuys

Recommended myTakes